Me and My Sisters

Me and My Sisters

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

George Town Heritage Celebration

During the World Heritage celebration in George Town on the weekend of 25-26th of July, we wanted to try our luck at the free boat ride at Lim Jetty, Weld Quay on Saturday 9am-2pm. However, when we reached there at 11am, we're told that it's "finished". They only took the first 300 passengers on board. So, we made our way to the Fort Cornwallis instead.

What did we find there? Yes! Lots of swings. But too bad there's only 1 swing with the baby-friendly type. And unfortunately, Jie Jie wouldn't let me sit in it!


So, after awhile, I went off to explore around...

Of course with Daddy and Mommy! Even though I wouldn't allow them to hold my hands at times now, I wouldn't dare to explore on my own. More posing with Daddy and Mommy...



And all these while, Jie Jie was still swinging there, refused to join us. Finally, Mommy accompanied her (with me, of course) while Daddy and Amah went for the famous ice kacang at the Malay stall nearby. We played the slides, see-saw, etc for awhile before Mommy managed to convince Jie Jie to go try the ice-kacang. However, when we arrived there, Jie Jie didn't want to eat, so Daddy and Mommy switched role.

The next day, we went to have a look at the Chingay Competition. Mommy forgot to bring the camera so there's no pictures to share. I couldn't understand why they wanted to throw and catch the big flag, but whenever they successfully catched the flag, everyone would clap. Later, since both of us were groggy, we went home.

1 comment:

Pet said...

It's been awhile since I went to Fort Cornwallis. Isn't it rather hot?

But, the ice kacang should do the trick!

Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails