Me and My Sisters

Me and My Sisters

Thursday, May 03, 2012

Terrible or Terrific Three?

I used to mention that SJ was very easy to handle, and I could bring her anywhere with me. In church, she hardly disturbed me. During friends' get-together, she's an angel and behaved very well. In a shopping trip, she helped me pick the stuffs that I needed and didn't make a fuss at all. She even gave comments on which dress was nice on me ;P What I loved her the most was she didn't ask me to buy 'this and that' for her,  unlike her Jie Jie. She's not greedy at all, and would decline anything that we offered to buy her just because she's got one already. When she was asked to choose anything, she'll pick the smaller ones and gave the bigger ones to Jie Jie. Or, she'll leave the pink ones for Jie Jie, because she knew that's Jie Jie's favourite colour. Isn't she sweet?

Well, everything changed not too long ago, or when she reached the Terrible Three stage. She had terrible temper tantrums. She made loud noises in church. She wanted me to carry her all the time. She demanded for things when I took her for a shopping spree. Her mood swings were dramatic. She could be smiling at one time, and switched to an angry bird the next. None of us knew how to handle her. She got very attached to me, until when Daddy picked her from school, she refused to follow him back! She wanted me to come immediately! Gosh, such a difficult child.


Still, she can be an angel when she's in the right mood. She's our 'coffee controller'. Nobody can drink coffee when she's around. She used my conscience to make me put back the coffee when I did grocery shopping with her. That's because long long time ago, Daddy told her and Jie Jie that coffee is a No-No. So she used back our words on us. She remembered every single word we said, and will remind us when we least expected it. She would question us on our actions if it contradicted with our words. So, we had to be very very careful when she's around... Can you believe it that we're actually afraid of her!

Terrible or terrific, I hope it's just a stage that she's going thru. I can't believe time flies so fast. In another day, she'll be four soon, according to the lunar calendar. I silently prayed that Four would be a fantastic time for us all.

4 comments:

Magda said...

hey there! I was reading your post with big attention, because I know what you mean. I meant, I don't have a baby, but I have a older brother and you can believe me.. he's 23 and I am 18 and we still quarell sometimes. Why? Because he's jelous of me. I think it's something like that with your little sweet girl. I believe you take care of both, but you know thinking of a little child. For example my friend felt really sad that her mother was pregnant, because she was really affraid she would not spend as much time as it used to be before a little girl appeared. Now she's taking care of her little sister and she's really happy. I think she might be like that, because she's mature enough. In a little child's mind there's many different thoughts there. I think she will understand that her behaviour is not fair.
But hey, there's another issue you mentioned of. She sees in you people whom opinion is really important for her. She's smart enough to start learn about the world around her. I wish you the best and greeting for both sweet girls you have. You all girls are so beautiful! That's how Asian bueaty works! ;-)

ablogaway said...

Thanks a lot Mags. Good to hear from you. Yeah, kids are not as naive as we thought. Thanks for the input!

Little Salt said...

Dear friend, thanks for sharing this lovely story. What you described is exactlty what Ian been thru in his 3 years old :) I got to believe why people keep saying "Terrible 3", because it is "TRUE". Haha! No worry, like you said, she is an angle and i think she is very cute :) Help me to send a bear hug to her.

ablogaway said...

Thanks a lot my dear friend. It's been a trying time for me, as my elder one didn't have such problem, or maybe not to this extreme. Really appreciate your encouragement.

Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails