Me and My Sisters

Me and My Sisters

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Can Jesus Talk?

One day, Sze Yi couldn't sleep. I suggested a few things to her, but she had a lot of excuses. Then, I ran out of things to say, so I told her to pray to Jesus. I was trying to put Sze Juin to sleep, but with Sze Yi kept talking, it's difficult. Guess what's her reply?

"Mommy, Jesus can't talk one. No point I pray to Him. You see, I pray now. Jesus, pls let me sleep faster. He didn't answer me also!"

I didn't know what to say, so I told her a story about how Jesus actually sent help to a man who kept praying but didn't listen properly. It went something like this...

Once upon a time, there's a flood in a small village. Everyone was rushing to pack and find somewhere safe to go. Except for one man, who refused to budge since he believed that God will help him. He just sat there and prayed. A friend of his came by, and offerred him his boat. But he refused, saying God will help him. Then, when the water level was getting higher up to his waist, another police boat came by. But he refused to join them. Finally, when the water level raise to his nose level, a helicopter came. But he was still very stubborn and he said he had faith in God. Finally, this man died and when he saw God, he asked him. "Lord, I had so much faith in you, how come you didn't come to save me?" God answered, "I tried to save you 3 times, but you refused to listen."

Well, after this story ended, she didn't say anything. I doubted she understand it yet. A few days later, she was praying out loud.

"Jesus, please let Amah be a young lady again. Pls let 2nd Chik Chik be a young lady again". I corrected her, man, not lady. Then she continued, "Please let Poh Poh be a young lady again. Please let Gong Gong be a young ... Mommy, young what?" I told her young man. Then she said, "Oh, young man. Amen".

And when she's done, she said, "Mommy, Jesus can't talk one hor?"

1 comment:

Pet said...

She just want to get your confirmation that Jesus really CAN'T talk... LOL

Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails