Me and My Sisters

Me and My Sisters

Sunday, December 20, 2009

A Double Celebration

Dec 13th is a very special day because it's not only Sze Yi's birthday, but it is also my parents wedding anniversary. So I baked a cake to mark this joyous occasion, but I only decorated it as a birthday cake because I didn't know what to write for an anniversary cake :)

I couldn't find any peaches (maybe it's the not the peach season now), so I used kiwi and cherry instead. However, Sze Yi said she wanted a Minnie cake. Here's our conversation the night before:

Sze Yi: I want a Minnie cake, Mommy
Me: But I don't know how to make a Minnie cake...
Sze Yi: Go and buy lar!

(Looks like she thought everything can be bought!)

That actually gave me an idea of using the Minnie sugar paste paper on top, but I didn't know where to get it from, and also time was running out. In the end I told her I couldn't find Minnie and used Kitty instead. She's not very happy. She said she liked Minnie better. But when she saw this, she's very excited all the same...


Peach Marcarpone Cheese Cake without the peaches as deco



She's particularly excited to see the marshmallows and little hearts used to spell her name and her age.

A closer look at the kitty... and my mom's favourite - almond nuts at the sides!




Mothers and daughters - 3-generations apart


Birthday girl waiting to blow the candles



1, 2, 3, blow!


All ready to cut the cake


During the cake cutting

A spontaneous shot taken by my father


The birthday girl enjoying the cake


The cherries collector - she just wanted the cherry!


Jie Jie giving her more cherries!


After that, we had a quick lunch before my parents caught the bus back to Ipoh. Our celebration did not just end there. We took the girls and MIL to watch a movie at GSC Gurney Plaza! Guess what we watched?


Yes, the Princess and the Frog



We couldn't make it for the 3.30pm movie, so we watched the 5.30pm one instead. While waiting for the next screening, we took the girls for rides and shopping. So by the time we went into the cinema, Mei Mei was too tired that she dozed off. Jie Jie was still very excited and she enjoyed the movie very much. At least she could follow the storyline better this time. Halfway thru the movie, Mei Mei woke up and she got scared. She wanted me to take her out of the cinema. I tried to offer her milk, but she didn't want. Luckily Jie Jie kept feeding her pop corn, and she got distracted. So in the end, we all managed to watch the whole movie till the end, both kids co-operated! Indeed, I personally felt this is a very nice movie and really suitable for kids, especially girls who love princess.

This year, Sze Yi became so xiao jie like (everything also wants princess - birthday cake, dress, barbie doll, etc). So I thought the movie would be very appropriate for her too. And my guess was right!

2 comments:

peiszong said...

The cake looks very nice.

ablogaway said...

Thanks Pei Sze :) Actually there's some overbaked mark on the cake, so I had to cover it up with something.

Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails