Me and My Sisters

Me and My Sisters

Monday, December 28, 2009

How Old Am I?

This year my chinese birthday falls on the Feast of the Holy Innocence. However, Mommy didn't take me to church on that day to receive blessings for children.

Amah asked Mommy to cook mee suah (representing 'long life', it is customary to serve a person Mee Sua soup on his or her birthday in Nyonya homes) for me, and prepared a hard-boiled egg for me to peel. So, I got to peel the egg in the morning before I went to school, and shared the egg with Mei Mei as my breakfast. On normal days, I just had milk before I went to school.

I also got ang pows from Amah, Mommy and Daddy on this special day.

So, I'm actually 5 year old now in Chinese calendar. Hmm.. and in 4 more days, I'll be 1 year older soon! How fast time flies. Oh by the way, I had eaten dong zhi last week, and according to Amah, I would be 1 year older after I ate that. So, now I'm really confused. How old am I now???

Dec13 - English Birthday
Dec 22 - Dong zhi (add 1 year old after eaten dong zhi)
Dec 28 -  Chinese Birthday
Jan 1 - Add one year old

So, I'll be 7 years old come this Jan? Scratch head!!!

1 comment:

Pet said...

haha... now you are a BIG girl!

Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails