Me and My Sisters

Me and My Sisters

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas 2009

This Christmas we went back to my parents house in Ipoh. I was contemplating whether to bring them to the midnight Mass or the morning Mass. In the end, I decided to bring them to the midnight Mass since SJ has quite a long afternoon nap. However SY didn't sleep at all in the afternoon, but I decided to take a risk since she hardly slept in the afternoon at times, and could still stayed up till quite late.

Furthermore, my mother's choir team would be performing that night, they would sing a few Christmas songs for about half an hour before Mass started.

The church in Ipoh that we went to was rather strict with children. They would not tolerate children that made noises, so they had a special room for children - they call it The Cry Room. So, you could imagine that all the kids would be there, but it's actually quite small to fit that many people. Anyway, when the church's choir sang the Christmas songs during the Pre-Mass, the kids were very excited and joined along. Sze Yi learnt a few Christmas songs from school, some of which I didn't even know. So, when she sang along with the choir that night, everyone including the parents could feel the Christmas atmosphere. It was so jolly, especially when you hear the children's voice trailing along. Even SJ didn't want to be left out and wanted to sit on the top of the pews like her Jie Jie and the other girl.


Little Carollers in action

However, I didn't get to really concentrate in Mass that night since the kids were not behaving. I used biscuits to distract them, but in no time, SY had finished distributing them to the kids and they asked for more. In no more than 10 minutes, things got noisy again. After awhile, SJ kept wanting to go out for milk (I didn't want to breastfeed her in there, since I didn't bring my coverall, and SJ would still pull it up anyway) while SY got sleepy and lay down on Daddy's lap. So we left after Holy Communion, but since our car was blocked by another car, we waited in the car until Mass finished. At least they were more manageable in there.

How did we celebrated Christmas this year? Well, we spent most of the time at home, or dining outside. My father was not very well, so we had to be selective on the food we ate. Anyway, we had a great family time all the same, especially the kids. Other than tormenting their Aunty and Uncle, they enjoyed feeding the fish and playing in the garden.



My father enjoyed gardening so he planted some vegetables and fruits in his little garden.



A simple lanscaping in my dad's garden



A small vegetable plot with some fruit trees and other plants


Apart from that, Sze Yi also enjoyed feeding her Mei Mei...
 
She's such a little busybody, she created so much mess for me. And, surprisingly SJ preferred being fed by her Jie Jie rather than me. When I wanted to feed her, she would resist and prefer to eat on her own!

We went back on boxing day, and let them opened their other presents that night (of course, they had opened & played with the presents from my family earlier in Ipoh).


Sze Yi enjoying the unwrapping most of the time, while SJ didn't really bother.


She's more interested in her lu lu chia

 All in all, we sure had a merry time, and a great get-together with my family too!

No comments:

Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails