Me and My Sisters

Me and My Sisters

Sunday, February 08, 2009

Conversation with Jesus

My MIL told me this a few days back. She saw Sze Yi lying at her bed and mumbling something to herself. That was after she got scolded by hubby & me for doing something naughty which I couldn't remember now. Curious, she asked Sze Yi what was she saying. Here's how the conversation went.

MIL: What are you saying there, Sze Yi?
Sze Yi: I'm talking to Jesus.
MIL (surprised): What are you telling Jesus?
Sze Yi: Gei Amah de jiao mei you tong tong liao (let Amah's leg no more pain pain)
MIL (touched): Gao...Jesus kong Amah ka e hou boh? (Did Jesus say Amah's leg will heal?)
Sze Yi: Beh, Jesus say beh (Cannot, Jesus say cannot)

Aren't she cheeky? You see, I've been teaching her how to say her night prayers. After Amah had a fall that day, we would pray for her leg to heal faster. Besides that, I also taught her to pray for the rest of the members of the family. And she would add on her own - also for 2nd Chik Chik's Jie Jie, 3rd Chik Chik's Jie Jie, and Chiu Chiu's Jie Jie. 3 Jie Jie in total. She was referring to their girlfriends, of course!

After I've completed the prayers with her, she would normally ask me.
Mommy, what did Jesus say?
I would say, "Jesus said Ok."

But, I didn't know what makes her say that Jesus said Amah's leg cannot be cured! And here's another funny part.

MIL: You pray to Jesus one ah? Not Puchuma meh? (she was referring to our Goddess of Mercy).
Sze Yi: No, I pray to Jesus one.

6 comments:

Pet said...

Ooo, clevel girl!
Alex only knows how to put her hands together and say 'Amen'.

little_szeyi said...

That is very clever too :)

Peter & Joyce said...

She is so intuitive! Hehe...but why hor, she didn't tell her Ah Ma that Jesus said OK? :P

Mommy said...

This is a very good learning process. Charlotte does that too every night for her bedtime prayer.

ablogaway said...

I guess she's just being naughty :) I asked her again last 2 nights after I said a prayer with her, "did Jesus said Ok?" She said Yes, Jesus said Amah's leg will heal.

peiszong said...

She is so cute. You should blog more often.

Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails