Me and My Sisters

Me and My Sisters

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My 9 Months Update

Ok, so this will be my 1st post here - yeah, I've migrated finally...and I'm 9 months now.

Height: 68cm (No, I didn't shrink.... Mommy made a wrong measurement last month. This was taken at the paed's clinic, so this should be more accurate).

Weight: 7.7kg

Teeth: 4 now! My 2nd lower incisor (the right one) is halfway up now but Mommy noted that it’s slanted a bit. Hopefully it’s still in the process of growing. My 2 upper incisors were coming out too - together instead of one by one like the lower ones. I find this chart a good reference on when what should appear and disappear:


Feeding: I'm now having 2 servings of solids (cereal mixed with milk) per day at Auntie's place. Since the organic brown rice cereal that I used to have was out of stock, Mommy got another cereal substitute for me.
During the weekends, Mommy normally cooked porridge for me instead. I was introduced to more food this month, which includes potato, sweet potato, millets, quinoa, pork, chicken, broccoli, oat, pumpkin, cabbage, and also 2 different types of pear from the one that I tried last time.


Motor skills:
- I know how to come down from the bed using my bum bum first. I would turn when I reached the edge of the bed, then use my feet to touch the floor. After that I'll land on the floor with my bum bum into a sitting position. Clever or not? Auntie (my babysitter) was really impressed!
- I know how to wave bye bye now. When people said "bye" in the lift, even though not to me, I'll automatically wave my hand too. Me perasan? No lar, just being friendly mar...
- I just learnt how to do twinkle twinkle little star too!
- I'm now crawling everywhere like a pro – I no longer wants to be carried. I would wriggle myself out and insist on being put on the floor. Even Amah can't keep up with my pace, hehe... doesn't this show how fast I am?
- I am able to stand for a longer period (need to hold on to something of course), and slowly learning to cruise. But sometimes I forgot how to sit down after standing up. I'll just let go and throw my bum bum on the floor back - which results in a loud thud!


Vocabulary:
- To everyone's dismay, I refused to speak any words at all this month. I only called people by saying "Ei, Ei" to get their attention.
- Oh yes, but I speak like a tiger now. How? Yes, I would roar nearly most of the time. That day, Auntie told me, "You're not 小老虎 (litle tiger), but 小老鼠 (little mousey).
- Ah, but just a few days back, I finally said 华 (flower in Mandarin). And when Amah sang Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star to me, I would said "How" together with her when she sang "How I wonder what you are".


Others:
- Now I can fight with Jie Jie on her toys already. I love to pull Jie Jie’s hair. I can’t resist from grasping her eye lashes too, which resulted from me being scolded by her – “Ahh… Very painful one ah…Mommy see what Juin Juin is doing to me!”.
- I love Jie Jie's pacifier. Whenever she drops it, I would quickly crawl towards it. A few times, Mommy, Daddy and Amah caught me sucking hard at the paci too. I only got this chance when nobody noticed it so that I would have enough time to crawl towards it and put it into my mouth.
- I didn't like to be rocked to sleep nowadays. I would fling my head backwards so that Mommy would put me on the bed. I normally go to sleep on my own after Mommy finished nursing me (if it's time to sleep la, if not I would scream until they let me go to join Jie Jie out there). Ah, but it's not that easy to get me to sleep nowadays. I would turned and rolled on the bed, and throw my body on Mommy several times, until I finally felt sleepy and dozed off on my own.
- When I wanted to put something in my mouth and they took it away,I would scream very loudly and cry. Amah said I'm more bad tempered than Jie Jie wor...
- Ah, and I love to do this nowadays - fling my head back and fall backwards. So, Mommy is getting worried now coz I never check what is behind me before doing this act.
- I would crawl to find Mommy when I feel sleepy or wants nen nen. She always got my hint because all the while I'm playing by myself. So, when I suddenly went to her, she would know what I want.
- I can't remember what else... so I'll just put etc, etc... for now :)

3 comments:

Pet said...

Good milestone! I need to measure my son, 1 year old d!

Cute Mum said...

Very impressed on her progress. My Mei Mei come down the bed by using her head instead :(

ablogaway said...

Cute Mum, it's never too late to start teaching her. Initially Sze Juin also come down the bed using her head first until we taught her this.

Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails