Me and My Sisters

Me and My Sisters

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Learning Garden

Recently Mommy and Daddy sent me for the trial session of the Parent-Toddler program at Learning Garden. They have 3 sessions on Saturday (9-10.30am, 10-11.30am, 11-12.30am) for toddlers up to 3 years old. We went to the 2nd session, but that was also quite a rush for us, because both Daddy and I woke up quite late that day.

When we reached there, we were brought into a playroom, where there were lots of toys. Most of the toddlers with their parents were already there. I noticed that there was also a newcomer like me who’s coming for the trial session. Our facilitator for that day was Ms Puva. She explained to us that this was a free-and-easy session where we were allowed to choose whatever toys that we love to play with. They would not stop a boy from playing with a masak-masak set or a doll, but let them chose what they like instead. The toys were neatly arranged on the shelves and table, we have to go and get what we like. After we were done with it, we're supposed to return it back to its original position. I experimented with a wooden puzzle, and some other toys as well. During this session, there’s no interaction between the toddlers. Most of them just stuck to their parents. Mommy and Daddy were having a hard time trying to stop me from snatching toys from other people, as usual :) They hoped I would learn soon, since Daddy noticed that the rest of the toddlers there kinda know it’s not their turn yet and won’t snatch from the other.

After approximately 20 minutes, we were led to a wet area. According to the director of this center, this was a place for us to get dirty and enjoy the process of being so. That’s because at home, our parents won’t normally allow us this kind of freedom. So what do we do there? We have to wear an apron to prevent us from getting real dirty. I went to the glue and drawing corner first. Since the theme of the week was on bears, we were asked to stick cotton to the bears on the paper. I was busy drawing, so Daddy and Mommy did most of the sticking.
See what's my final product? Our facilitator hanged this up with the rest of the other toddlers and would present this to us towards the end of the class. I even got my piece of art back (see the blue color paper right beside the polar bear?)
After that, we moved on to the painting corner while the other groups came to our place. We took turns among ourselves since there were about 10 toddlers in that session. I was having a great time discovering my artistic talent. But when the paint splashed on my hand and legs, I don't feel comfortable and wanted Mommy to clean me. She told me it's ok, we can wash later. I was not used to it because normally when my hands get dirty, Mommy would waste no time in chasing me to have them cleaned!

After this, we adjourned to the fish pond. It's an artificial one, of course. Besides fishes, there are ducks, and all creatures of the sea as well. I saw a little girl was busy watering the water, so I tried it as well. I love to see the water splashed out.

Besides this, there's also a corner to play with sand. It looked something like the water pond, except that instead of water, it's filled with sand and spades and forks, etc. Too bad I don't have any photos to share because Daddy prohibited Mommy from taking them since she was more occupied with the photos (for the blogging, of course!) and he's afraid that she would neglect me.

We spent about 20 minutes here as well, before Ms Puva asked us to clean ourselves and proceed to the play ground. It comes with shades, so we were spared the scorching heat. Oh, I loved this place just so much... see for yourself!

I also have a fun time swinging myself on the swing, but I have to let go since there's another girl waiting for her turn. Oh yes, I did something that Mommy was really proud of. Despite me going around taking toys from people, I did something great too. There's this little girl who fell on the floor and started crying. Then, Mommy asked me to give her the ball which I was holding that time. When I did that, she stopped crying and her Mommy kept thanking me! Now, I'm not all that bad, don't you think so?
And they have a basketball court here too... hey! Am I too tall or what?

Briefing session from Amah...
Aim straight...

and shoot!

After that, we went inside for tea break. We were given a bowl of biscuit and a glass of water each. Here, I learnt how to sip water from the glass without wetting my blouse. Mommy was really proud of me.


The last session was singing and story telling. The facilitator started by asking all of us to sit in circles with our parents. Then, we were told to pick a bear that we like. Ms Puva started by telling us stories based on animals. Here, we learnt to make different sounds of the animals. After that, we sang a few songs, with actions as well. Initially I wouldn't want to join and kept running out of the room. Mommy had to persuade me to go in back. I particularly liked the game where we were supposed to pass the window frame around. When the frame reached a child, the facilitator will pronounce their name and he/she would need to wave back to the rest of the other toddlers. I decided to run away again, and to Mommy's relief, I came back when the window frame reached my turn. She taught I was never going to make it, since I was a little apprehensive at first.

So, that's all for a tiring 1.5 hour session. It was great, and I certainly learnt a lot!














2 comments:

KK and WS said...

Plan to sign up?

ablogaway said...

Still considering... we are also checking out other programs since this is rather far from our place

Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails