Me and My Sisters

Me and My Sisters

Saturday, April 18, 2009

1 More Month to 1

How time flies. My little baby is going to be 1 year old soon. These shots were taken on 18th April, when she's exactly 11 months old.


Weight: ~8kg (she was 8.1kg taken on 1st May - yes, this is a backdated post).

Teeth: 7 in total (4 at the top, 3 at the bottom). The bottom right lateral incisor was out, but not the left one.
New Food: Organic Mixed Grain Cereal (which consists of brown rice, barley and oats), plum, fish, grapes, buckwheat, Marie biscuit, avocado, taufufah, organic red rice...

Feeding:
- She refused the bottle when I was around. She would screamed when I tried to bottle-feed her, and would only quiet down when I said, "Ok, Mommy would give you Mommy's nen nen". She seemed to understand me even though I haven't done anything to show what I was intending to do.

- She could drink from the straw, even though she had a tendency to choke at first. Before that, I've also introduced her to sippy cup. She didn't quite master that, but was getting better at it now.


Motor Development:
- Showing inclination to feed herself (when I’m trying to feed her, she would want to hold the spoon herself and direct it into her mouth).
- When we said “Pai Pai Shou", she would clap her hands and smiled, moving her body excitedly.
- She would dance when she heard music (started rocking her body in tune with the music).
- Could wave bye bye when we asked her too, or when she heard people said the word bye bye.
- Able to do Friend Kiss, but she would just put her palm to her mouth and kiss it, no flying kiss yet :)
- Could stand unsupported for a long time.
- Started to take baby steps (very short, but she’s so afraid of falling that she preferred to crawl instead). She could walk to us, but she wanted us to hold her hands.

New Words:
- Jie Jie (A Che Che)
- Hi
- Her favourite word this time was Papa, she's been going Pa pa pa pa all days round.

Others:
- She would now look at the direction of aeroplanes and understand what was that when she heard the sound (just right after I published the post last month about this)
- Could recognize bird, butterfly, teether, water, etc (she would look or point at that direction when we asked her about it)
- She wouldn’t sit still in the baby chair anymore, but kept wanting to climb out of it. It’s harder to feed her nowadays.

- Screamed herself out when Jie Jie tried to snatch her toys away, or when any of us took away the things that she was trying to get her hands on. She would remember that particular thing and wouldn't stop crying even though we tried to compensate it with other things.
- Started to show a tendency to read books, she loved to flip thru the pages and didn’t eat them anymore.
- She loved to smile, unlike her Jie Jie when she was small last time. Many people couldn't resist playing or smiling at her when we met them in the lift, etc.. including strangers.
- When she crawled, she had a tendency to shake her body left & right, or moved her head sideways. It was such a cute scene.
- She started to show great interest in remote controls and phone. She would go to the phone and put it on her ear as if listening to it. As for the remote control, she always fight to get it, don't know why.
- She loves to bite. No, not only things, but also people. My babysitter told me that she would go to her unopened rice sack and bite on it. Exactly like a mouse. And she would bite my shoulder, hand, tummy, etc. Sometimes when she started to bite me, it's also an indication that she wants milk. And when I was nursing her, she would bite me after she's full. Normally, she'll follow with a giggle as if enjoying my reaction (I would scream and scold her, of course). Unlike her Jie Jie, who seemed to understand better. Sze Yi won't do it anymore when I scolded her, or only do it playfully to tease me, but not so painful. But this Sze Juin wouldn't listen, in fact she would bite me more if I continued to offer her another side.
- She won't ask for milk when she's hungry. But I could sense it when she's crawling towards me, or just wanting me to carry her, or when she started to bite (normally only when she's in a bad mood). On normal days, she would wait patiently until I nursed her. If I forgot that her feeding time was near, she wouldn't cry too. She would be contented as long as I was carrying her. This was so contrary to Sze Yi, would wouldn't wait for her milk to be prepared. But I remembered Sze Yi would direct me to the room and then tugged at my shirt when she wanted milk last time. Just at what age, I couldn't really remember.
- She understand the word Ta (beat in Mandarin). I guess she learnt it from my babysitter, because when she's naughty, my babysitter would said "Ta" and beat her hands together. So now, whenever she heard us say the word Ta to Jie Jie, she would beat her hands together, as if imitating the babysitter's beating her hands together's action.
- I also noticed that she didn't really suck her finger anymore, or less frequent. Yes, my baby's growing up now.

4 comments:

Pet said...

ooo..does she crawl like the 'lion dance' - shake body left and right?

is that the photo of your baby chair? Both mine (mom's place too) comes with safety belt, so he cannot climb out.

Btw, great achievements!

ablogaway said...

hehe, now that you mentioned, it does resemble lion dance in a way, LOL!

Nope, that's a high chair in one of the eating places we went to. But even though with safety belt, she seemed to be able to manoeuvre herself around it, unless the belt is very very tight. MIL tried tying her legs with the nappy cloth to the high chair, but she managed to wriggle free too.

Pet said...

Children are so smart nowadays, out-smart the parents sometimes!

Mommy said...

she looks so much like her daddy!

Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails