Me and My Sisters

Me and My Sisters

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

10 Months Updates

Have not weighed myself on the scale lately – the last measurement taken was on Feb 22nd after Jie Jie got hospitalized due to Pneumonia and I was feverish. Well, I was 7.75kg then. But they didn't measure my height. As for my teeth, still 4, nothing new popped out yet. By the way, my 2nd lower incisor has fully grown now, and it doesn’t look as slanted as it used to be. But my gums had been itching lately, I would bite and eat nearly everything – including Mommy!


If you're wondering why I looked as if I'm about to cry - ask Mommy. She tried to snatch my 'toys' away from me so that she could get a good picture of my teeth. Still can't get a good view. Ah, this is better...


Feeding:
- Mommy started me on the Organic Barley Cereal after I finished up the tin of First Flavour cereal. At first my babysitter complained that I didn’t quite like it, but now I’m ok. In fact, I'm just about to finish this pack today.
- New food introduced: Juicy Golden Pears (the first processed fruit that I took), papaya, banana, ikan bilis, spinach, cauliflower and Miki Prune Extract (my babysitter sampled some for Mommy to let both Jie Jie & me tried it since we're always sick).

Motor skills:
- I could now go into squatting and kneeling position. I used these two modes now when I want to transition from standing to sitting position.
- I could even stand unsupported for a very short time, it normally happened when I forgot about it and let go of my support.
- Walk with support. Started to show inclination to climb onto things, like the sofa, Mommy's dressing table, etc.
- Shake my head when I don't want something- esp when people trying to carry me.
- Nod my head - When my babysitter updated Mommy on what I’ve been up to for that day, she would ask me, “Right or not”? Then I would nod my head as if I understood what she said.
- I love to pull out my socks and hat. So now when going out, I'm always barefoot because my shoes are still oversized, and I couldn't wear my socks for long. I also love to open my diaper's velcro, so Mommy had to quickly put on my pants for me. It's harder for her to button my blouse now, I would protest and make an attempt to run away.
- I could now manoeuvre my walker excellently (when Mommy first handed the walker over to my babysiter a few weeks ago, I could only walk in reverse).
- I can pick up small parts from the floor now and put them into my mouth.


Verbal:
- I chuckled a lot lately (with sounds too). Actually I’ve been chuckling a few months back, but somehow it’s more frequent this month.
New words:
--> Papa: it happened in the middle of the night. Everyone was sleeping, I can’t sleep and was tossing around. Then I started calling Papa, Papa, then Mama. The next morning, Daddy told Mommy that he dreamt that I called him. Mommy told him I actually did call him!
--> Yi – It’s more pronounced than the last time. I’m calling Jie Jie, if you’re wondering why Yi. --> Eye - Amah taught me this. She would point to her eyes and say Eye. I could repeat after her.
--> Irene - Amah claimed that I could call Irene too, although Mommy doubted it. One day Mommy left me in Amah's care while she & Daddy took Jie Jie shopping. I cried and cried until she came back, and Amah told Mommy I was calling Irene Irene all the time.


Others:
- Could understand simple instructions. When Mommy said NO, I would not do it (but sometimes I waited awhile and tried again). When Mommy said "Come, Mommy pau pau (carry)", I would crawl towards Mommy as if I understood what she's trying to say. When Mommy asked me to go find Daddy or Amah, I would crawl towards their directions. When Mommy said "Ah," I would open my mouth for her to clean my gums. And when Mommy finished nursing me at one side, she would say, "let's change side" and I would unlatch and waited for her to switch me to the other side.

- I could now fight with Jie Jie and screamed back at her if she took my toys. I also fought with her to get Daddy's or Mommy's attention. When Daddy came home, Jie Jie would run to Daddy and hug him. I would crawl to Daddy at super speed and stand up on my own, clinging tightly to Daddy's pants and asked to be carried too.

- I didn't react to aeroplane. Both Mommy and my babysitter noticed this - when an aeroplane was flying above us, I wouldn't even turn my head to the sound or look at the direction. This really puzzled Mommy. But when she pointed to other things (flower, fan, etc), I would look. Just this morning, she did an experiment with me. She used her finger to slowly move my focus from near to far. I wouldn't want to follow her finger, instead I looked steadily at her eyes. What a stubborn little girl I am! They don't think it's something to do with my hearing, because I was very sensitive when I was nursing - even the slightest sound would make me very alert and I wouldn't want to continue my milk.

- I have a habit to scratch or dig into Mommy's or my babysitter's hands when I was trying to get to sleep. So if my fingernails were long (which needed to be trimmed at least twice a week), they would have scratches all over.

4 comments:

Pet said...

Great achievements!

My son loves to dig into 'nose' when trying to sleep. Can be kinda painful too if he has long fingernails.

cre8tone said...

The organic food taste nice or not? I never buy for my son yet..

ablogaway said...

The organic brown rice cereal (from the same brand) smells very nice. As for this barley one, I think it smells like barley a bit. Maybe not as nice as the previous one.

Anggie's Journal said...

happy 10 months old to ur girl ... yah, the first solid food i introduce to my boy when he is baby was also an organic cereal . EARTH BEST CEREAL ... not bad !!

Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails