Me and My Sisters

Me and My Sisters

Saturday, September 11, 2010

What happened during the long hols

Well, we got an unwelcomed visitor. Yes, again :(

This time, Mei Mei got it first. Her teacher informed me that she was feverish when I picked her up from school. She vomitted a few times. We took her to the paed, but he couldn't find anything wrong with her. Except for one tiny little ulcers at her throat. So he told us to monitor her for suspected HFMD.

Indeed, we noticed more spots appearing on her hands and body the next day. Now I know why I suddenly saw pimples below her nose. At first I thought she was just heaty. So we didn't let her go to school. Naturally, we also dropped Jie Jie at Amah's house that day, with the hope that she's stronger and wouldn't get it.

By the 3rd day, Mei Mei kind of recovered. But we're told that Jie Jie's turn to be feverish! To be safe, we took both girls to the paed. He knew that we didn't want to admit them, so he just gave us some medications. Not specifically for HFMD, but mostly vitamins, something to soak them with, and something to stop the itch, and something to relieve the ulcers. He also prescribed antibiotics (Zithromax) to Mei Mei because the paed felt that her fever was rather too long for normal HFMD (she's still having flu & cough).

Well, this time both girls didn't really suffer. Even though they had spots (Jie Jie was worse), they were still as active as ever, and could even eat! Very unlike those previous times when we had to koala bear them all the time. We didn't even need to take leave this time, as MIL could handle both, since they didn't feel sick at all. I guess it's due to the colostrum and probio that I've been diligently giving them all this while. Yes, I started to give SJ colostrum too when I noticed Jie Jie was much less prone to flu, etc. after she started taking that. Initially I didn't give SJ yet as she's still breastfeeding, so I took it myself in order to boost up my milk's quality. However, she still have flu occasionally, so I decided to try giving her that. And, I find that she's much stonger since then. Besides that, I also gave them g3 juice, but stopped when SJ got bronchitis. Now that they had HFMD again, I tried giving them again. I noticed that their ulcers went off really fast. Maybe that's why they could still eat. Unfortunately, SY's hands were rather badly affected this time. Look at her palms...

 Previously it was not this bad....

So, we're stranded at home during that long Raya weekends. And guess what? Since she's going to have her exams soon, Daddy took this opportunity to do revision with her. I told Daddy that some of my friends wanted to test if their kids learn anything from school at all, thus decided not to do any revision with their kids. So I'm planning to do the same thing too. But Daddy didn't really agree, that's why he revised with her himself :) Looks like this is a good escape for Mommy! I personally think she's still too small, and don't prefer to give her too much pressure. But now that she's absent from school for so long, which means she'll miss the revision with the teachers too, I can understand why Daddy was a bit 'tension'.

No comments:

Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails