Me and My Sisters

Me and My Sisters

Monday, September 06, 2010

More updates on the little girls

On the Malaysian flag:
- SJ told Daddy that Malaysia flag has moon and star. Daddy was impressed with her observation! Ever since then, we'll ask her what would she see on the malaysian flag?

Daddy: What do you see on the Malaysian flag?
SJ: Moon & Star!
Daddy: What's the color of the moon and star's background?
SJ: Blue!
(there's a trick to this question, because, she'll always answer blue even if we're asking for the moon & star's color. So Daddy modified it a bit in order for her to always answer correctly!)

p/s: Jie Jie got tricked once, she answered yellow! Ended up being scolded by Daddy for not paying attention to the question - she should have waited until Daddy finished the whole question!


On school prep:
- SY could pack her own school bag (and Mei Mei's too as well) when Mommy's busy. She knows where to get the clothes (which comprised of towel, blouse/pants/dress, panties), water tumbler, even milk container. I remembered once I saw her panties in Mei Mei's bag, so I asked her why she put the wrong set - that should be hers. She told me she can't reach Mei Mei's cabinet (I put at the most top drawer) so she took hers instead!
- SY would insist that I pack dresses for her (they can wear their own attire in the afternoon). She would throw tantrums if I packed blouse and pants instead, she's getting more 'lady-like' nowadays, really ai sui cha boh (hokkien)


On name calling:
- We noticed that a teacher called SJ "Kuin Kuin" in school when we fetched her back. So I told SJ that next time when the teacher called her that again, she can correct the teacher, saying her name is Juin Juin and not Kuin Kuin.
- Then one day, we teased her by calling her Kuen Kuen. She replied, "I'm not Kuen Kuen la... I'm Juin Juin!"
- The way she replied is really cute, which makes us want to tease her again just to hear her say it again! (Naughty Mommy!)


On learning to be independent:
SY now could tidy her own bed and fold her blanket first thing in the morning after waking up. She could also brush teeth on her own, wash her face, and even go to the toilet and clean herself. I guess it'll be easier for Mommy soon, as she learns to do things by herself.


On weaning off:
As for SJ, last night was the first night she slept without me nursing her! She has been asking for milk in the bottle since the last few days already, but yesterday after finished her milk, she went to sleep in the baby cot and dozed off by herself! Last time, she'd rely on me as her pacifier, even though she's finished her milk in the bottle, she'll still need me to put her to sleep. This is a great milestone in weaning her off. 

No comments:

Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails