Me and My Sisters

Me and My Sisters

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

No more tears!

I learnt that doctors were not scary monsters during my scheduled checkup last month.

Mommy went thru the steps with me (breathe in, breathe out, let the doctor check my ear, take my temperature, open my mouth, etc), while we’re waiting for our turn. So, when our turn came, I did as what we rehearsed earlier and made Mommy & Daddy really proud of me. I didn’t cry, though I nearly burst out when the doctor asked me to lie down to check on my tummy (ahem, that part was not rehearsed!) Anyway, I only cried when the horrid needle poked me, and that was understandable, so Mommy and Daddy still thought that I performed really well. Compared to previous visits because I would cry immediately when we walked into the doctor's room, and burst out when the doctor tried to check on me. And guess what I got as my reward? The doc gave me a lollipop!

During my 2nd visit last week, we saw a different doctor, and I surprised him by greeting him when we entered. He even praised me for being very friendly :) And recently during my JE vaccination yesterday, I saw another different doctor. Again, I didn’t cry but co-operated with her all the way, including when I knew the needle was coming. Ah, but it’s too painful for me, so I cried very pitifully after that. When Mommy asked me to wave bye bye to her, I hesitated a little and pointed to my painful arm, before finally waving bye bye to her. Hmm.. I still find it hard to comprehend why I needed to be nice to her after she hurt me, aww!

All in all, this is a great milestone for me :)

Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails