Me and My Sisters

Me and My Sisters

Monday, January 18, 2010

Breastfeeding Humour

I didn’t realize that I have such influencing power on my kids at such an early age when I chose to breastfeed. Why did I say so?

1. At ~2.5 year old, Sze Yi insisted to bring a nappy cloth everywhere together with her Ernie, sat down, pulled up her blouse up, put the nappy cloth underneath, and nursed Ernie, imitating the way I breastfed Sze Juin. That’s because I was very leaky then, so I had to use the nappy cloth to suppress the leaking side while nursing. She did this outside, even in front of the babysitter, although I told her that Mommy didn’t breastfeed in public.

2. At ~20 months, Sze Juin would put her baby doll at my breast, asking me to breastfeed her baby doll too!
I sure hope when they become mommies later, they will follow my steps to breastfeed their children.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On another side note, SJ would be in all sorts of positions when she’s nursing – sitting, standing, lying on top of me, or even squatting in front of me. She could also turn 360 degree while nursing, I didn’t know how she did it. One day, she was turning round and round while nursing, and I felt very painful, so I told her to stop.

Me: Juin Juin, can you pls stop turning round and round? You’re hurting Mommy.
Sze Yi: Haha, like a sharpener!

I couldn’t agree more!

No comments:

Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails