Me and My Sisters

Me and My Sisters

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Story Time

Sze Yi had been requesting stories from us since she was small. Last time it used to be Cinderella, Ali Baba, etc… but now they were no longer constrained to fairytales. She would say, “I want the policeman story!”. Or Mommy’s stories, or Yi Yi’s stories, or the story of the lost buttons, or this curtain’s story, or the story about the Monster that went to school (RS), etc… Mostly, it’s on things around her, or whatever that came to her mind. She even requested me to tell her stories about my car’s wiper! She normally asked for stories when we’re in the car, or when she’s trying to sleep. Ah, boy was I glad that she's slowly getting over this habit now!

Sometimes she would request for stories that we’re all familiar with, for instance, Pinocchio, or the Goldilocks and the Three Bears. But mind you, the storyline would need to be modified. Either the main characters changed, or the storyline would be twisted here and there, and once she liked that, I’ll have to repeat again and again and again for several times before she finally let me go. So, it’s normally very exhausting and I dreaded it when she asked me for stories.

Then one day, I heard her telling one of the stories to her cousin Sarah. It was Mommy’s story, and she was telling her cousin how she was born. I couldn’t stop laughing when she said Mommy didn’t want her tummy to be cut, but Daddy told her that she had to, if not Sze Yi couldn’t come out! LOL! Hmm... maybe (and hopefully) she'll tell me stories next time instead of me telling her!

1 comment:

Pet said...

I been telling the 3 Bears and the Goldilocks for Alexendrea followed by 3 Little pigs. At times, I can hear her telling the story by herself, when I'm busy with Jon. It's really funny and interesting, coz sometimes she gets a bit of the story mix up.

Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails