Me and My Sisters

Me and My Sisters

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Sze Juin's 13 Months Update

Weight: 8.8kg
Height: 70.4cm
Teeth: 8 in total (4 at the top, 4 at the bottom)


Feeding:
- At the babysitter's, she took porridge on Mon, Wednesday, Friday while cereal with EBM/water on Tuesday & Thursday. We came to this schedule after she couldn't poo poo everyday when she's on porridge everyday last time. So she had 3 milk intake (still at ~4oz) on the days she had porridge, while 4 times on the days she had cereal. With this arrangement, she'll poo poo about once every 2 days on average.
- She would now request for milk by tugging at my blouse, said Nen Nen and tried to pull my blouse up.
- The way she drinks milk while I was breastfeeding her was a rare case - she's no longer in the cradle position now. Instead, she drinks while sitting, squatting or standing! If I am lying down breastfeeding her, she would be on top of me, instead of lying beside me. She only stays in the lying position when she's really sleepy or when drinking in the middle of the night. Otherwise, she'll climb on top of me and prefers to drink that way!
- She can drink milk from the bottle on her own. Recently I was having rashes at night, so MIL didn't want me to feed her directly. Instead, she asked me to feed her my frozen supply. So I tried to bottle feed her, she drank in the beginning, but after awhile, she pushed the bottle away. I tried this several times until she's really angry and kept pushing the bottle away. Then hubby tried to let her hold the bottle on her own, and guessed what? She finished drinking the milk while lying on hubby's tummy!

New Food:
Dragon fruit, cake (with walnut inside), choc cake, her birthday cake, Gong Gong’s homegrown apple custard, bread, black bukit rice, 3-fruits cereal, soya, egg (egg yolk and also egg white), scotts emulsion, kim gin hua, red beans, durian, mangosteen, rambutan, etc.

Motor Skills:
- She could squat and stand on her own
- She can climb up to the sofa, chair, table, etc...
- She can now WALK :)
- She can jump! (though she hardly lift her legs, just her buttock). Well, maybe I should put it as she understand the word jump :)

Vocabulary:
- Mommy, Daddy, nen nen, mum mum - the frequently spoken ones this month
- She also speak some 1-syllable words, but I couldn't recall now.
Others:
- She now wanted to play the Kok Kok Beh (rides) when she sees one. Luckily, she's still contented even if we don't put any money or token inside, she would be happy just sitting in it.
- She loves balloons and would ask for one when she sees them in the shopping complex.
- She would put her hands to her chest and showed 怕怕 when we said want to beat her.
- I'm starting her on cloth diapers this week, at night. She's still on lampin during daytime when she's at the babysitter. Only during the weekends and at night, she's on disposable diapers.
- She wouldn't want to go to bed at night if there are still people outside. The only way to make her go into the bedroom is to ask everyone else to go to sleep (including Daddy and Jie Jie) and switch off the lights. Only then she'll be contented.
- She would beat her head if she's angry or didn't get what she wanted. Sometimes, she'll pull her hair too! At first, I was worried if she's annemia, but the paed assured me that she's not (judging from the way she cried during her MMR jab recently).
- She knows how to show "No No" sign - she called me and pointed to the potty and then started to shake her pointer left and right as if saying, "No No, cannot play with the potty".
- She's getting more difficult to control when in the car. She didn't want to sit on my lap, nor the car seat. Instead, she wanted to sit on her own just like her Jie Jie, without anybody holding her at all!

2 comments:

KK and WS said...

my car was bang last Sun and luckily Ern was in her car seat. if not, she surely 'fly' to the front with the impact coming from the back.

we were blessed she was in her car seat. try coax her to her car seat.

Pet said...

Walking will keep you bz bz!

Great achievements, bravo Sze Juin.

So funny the way she latch on position.

Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails