Me and My Sisters

Me and My Sisters

Monday, June 15, 2009

The Awakening Fall

It's amazing how things took a turn of event. Yesterday, Sze Juin had a fall. It's not the first fall, but it's a first from the bed, and the worst so far. I was a few steps away, adjusting the air-conditioner. She was sitting in the middle of the bed, with Daddy sleeping on one side, and Jie Jie at the other. All of a sudden, she just got up and starting walking - towards the edge of the bed. I was shocked and quickly ran to her, calling her name but she wouldn't stop. Faster and further away from me. Then she went right down to the other side of the bed - her head went down first. A loud cry followed just right after that. That cry woke Daddy up immediately. I quickly ran to the other side of the bed and soothed her. It was a great relief to find that there's no bump on her head, or any sign of blood on her teeth. Really, no words could describe how relief I felt.

At night, I was still searching her, anxiously looking for any signs or bumps. Then I felt a slight bump on her forehead. I quickly put the cold compress and ice against forehead. Luckily it didn't turn blue black or got worse. Things went as normal, she's not even scared when I put her at the same location after that. Gladly, I silently thanked God.

And guess what awaits me tonight when I reached home? Yes, she's walking!

I've waited for her to walk before she turned 1 (coz her Jie Jie actually walked long before she turned 1), but it never happened. Well, not exactly. She's been walking on the bed and sofa, but not on the floor. I guessed she's afraid she'll fall. But tonight, she walked steadily towards me, smiling triumphantly with each step.

Guessed the fall last night made her realised that it's not that painful afterall if she falls down :)

2 comments:

Pet said...

After a hard fall (poor girl), she is now ready to walk with the occasionally bump-bump. :-)

Now my boy sees me at my MIL, he will wave his hands, giggled and walk-run to me! Takes all my tiredness away. Sigh... (happy sigh)

Pet said...

Opps, I mean my mother's house, not MIL.

Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails