Me and My Sisters

Me and My Sisters

Saturday, May 02, 2009

My 1st Trip

Last weekend, we went to Cameron Highlands. It was my first trip outstation, other than to Poh Poh & Gong Gong's house. But you know what? I realised that Jie Jie also haven't been to Cameron Highlands before. So we're both very excited.

Mommy packed lots of food for us, just in case we got hungry halfway. She prepared pumpkin porridge and also baked some potatoes as our lunch and dinner for that day. On top of that, we also had raisins, cocoa crunch (which I still can't eat yet) in between meals. And oh yes, Jie Jie got to eat the home-baked banana cake which Mommy ordered from Alex's Gong Gong. I could see that it was very yummy, all of them enjoyed it. Why, oh why I couldn't eat it? But Amah curi-curi gave me some tar sau piah, so oklah, I don't feel so bad :)

Our first stop was a the Rose Garden, after a short lunch at one of the restaurants in Brinchang. To our surprise, we also saw other things there, like cactus, rabbits, peacock, ostrich, etc.. Being kids, of couse we're more interested in the animals rather than the plants, including the rose.
Halfway touring the place, Jie Jie suddenly said she wanted to do her big business. Mommy told her to wait until we checked into the hotel. But she said, can't. Yau chu lai liao. So Mommy took her to the public toilet. Ah, according to Mommy, she's doing very well. It's the squatting toilet, and it's her first time outside. Phew, Mommy had been worried before on how to handle it when it comes to this when we're outside, and it turned out to be ok.

After that, we checked into our room at Equatorial Hotel. We had some fun checking out stuffs and relaxing in there.

Jie Jie and I loved the bed, we jumped and rolled on it for quite sometime. Then, since none of us want our nap, Daddy and Mommy and Amah decided to let us try the strawberry-picking experience at the farm just outside the hotel.

It was fun, but rather dangerous since the plants were lined up on the slopes. Still, we managed to pick rather big ones. And there's how I got to taste my next new food - strawberry. I loved it.

After that, we stopped by Kea Market to buy some vegetables. Halfway shopping, Jie Jie was so tired and slept right there! Daddy took her back to the car, and I slept later when Mommy breastfed me in the car. Instead of going back to the hotel to rest, Daddy took us for a scenic drive since he didn't want to interrupt our nap. But none of us got to see it since we're still sleeping. Here're some photos taken at the Bharat Plantation.We woke up not long later. So we stopped by to have a charcoal steamboat dinner in Brinchang. Hmm...maybe I should rephrase. They had the charcoal steamboat dinner, while I ate my porridge & baked potato which Mommy prepared this morning. The restaurant owner was very nice to heat it up for us. Jie Jie only ate a little of that, she finished the raisins instead.

At night, it took awhile for us to settle down because we're so excited from the day's trip. 4 of us slept on a king-sized bed while Amah slept at the additional bed which was placed just beside the king-sized bed, so Jie Jie and I got more space to roll around before we finally settled into dreamland. Ah, but I cried in the middle of the night, maybe I was too excited from the day's experience.

Well, since it was very cold, Amah was afraid that Jie Jie would wet the bed, and wanted to let her wear a diaper to sleep. Daddy and Mommy brushed off the idea, since she was already toilet trained. But anyway, Amah had brought along an extra disposable diaper (leftover from Jie Jie's last time after she was toilet trained about 1 year ago). And Jie Jie liked the idea to be on a diaper again, so she wanted to try. She seemed so proud (all for the wrong reason) and ran around showing off her diaper, to me, to Mommy and Daddy and even went to look at herself in the mirror - telling us that she's on diaper like Juin Juin and laughed out loud. So, you must be curious to know if she wet herself the next morning? Well, she slept until very late the next morning and Mommy didn't make any attempt to wake her up in the middle of the night to ask her if she wanted to wee wee. But when she woke up to wee wee the next morning, her diaper was still dry. Bravo Jie Jie!

The next morning, we went to the Boh Tea Plantation after having breakfast in our room. Mommy wanted to go to a tea plantation again since we missed the scene yesterday. Furthermore, she wanted to let Jie Jie see how the tea was being processed (how about me? well, I'm still too small to understand, she reasoned).

After about what seemed like ages going thru a very narrow and dangerous road, we reached the tea plantation. Jie Jie seemed to enjoy the movie of the tea-making process rather than the actual factory tour. Where as Amah would rather sit at the cafe to enjoy the scene with a cuppa Boh tea, muffin and strawberry tart.

After that, we had our lunch at one of the restaurants in Brinchang. What did I had then? Mommy mixed my brown rice cereal with dried anchovies (prepared by Amah before this trip), and some instant red rice powder. It was delicious! When Jie Jie saw me eating that, she also wanted, although she could eat the food that they ordered.

After lunch, we went to buy some souvenirs for cousin Sarah, before stopping by the bee farm. Jie Jie and I had fun watching the bees making honey. We also had a second round of strawberry picking. Jie Jie's an expert by then. After that, we stopped by our last destination, the butterfly farm, per Jie Jie's request. I think she enjoyed that the most.

When we're leaving, Jie Jie asked Mommy, "Where are we going now?". Mommy replied that we're going home. Then she said, "Oh. Home where? To hotel ah?". Both Amah and Mommy laughed, telling her that we're going home to Penang.

When asked what's the best part that she like from this trip, she replied, "Staying in hotel". Mommy asked her if she enjoyed the strawberry picking, she said yes, but not as much as the bees and butterfly farm.

As for me? I guessed I also enjoyed the hotel the most :) That's the only place I would be let down and do some stretching!

1 comment:

Pet said...

What a wonderful trip! It must be exciting for the children... Cameron is a great place for family vacation. Erh, Genting next?

Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails