Me and My Sisters

Me and My Sisters

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

How I nearly gave up my pacifier

One fine Thursday afternoon, I decided to be naughty and started to throw all my toys down the balcony while Amah was drying the clothes. Down went my bo bo (my favourite pillow, which I can't go without), my chut chut (pacifier, which is also a must for me especially if I want to sleep), and then some of my toys (including the blocks that Mommy & Daddy bought for me during their trip to Hawaii). Amah was so angry with me, but she took me down to search for them. We only found my bo bo, and some of the toys. No chut chut. And one of the blocks was also missing.

When Mommy came back from work, Amah related the incident to her. Mommy straightaway told me that since I'm the one who threw my pacifier away, she won't be getting another one for me. Coz Amah was asking her to buy me another one, or else I won't be able to sleep that night.

Well, things were pretty hard for me. When I asked them for chut chut, they will ask me, "Who throw the chut chut away?" I pointed to myself. So they will say that since it's my fault, and Amah couldn't find it, so I have to live without.

Ever since then, I didn't ask for the pacifier anymore. It's been nearly 5 days, and I certainly made Mommy & Amah's life difficult. Why? Coz I started to be very clingy and made unreasonable demands. Even after I slept, I won't let Mommy put me down. Instead, she'll have to craddle me for a long time. I no longer took my afternoon nap, since I have difficulty getting to sleep. And at night, I still slept quite late, despite me not having any nap in the afternoon. So, I guess after sometime, both Amah and Mommy couldn't take it anymore. They decided to get me a pacifier! Hooray! So I won in the end. But it seems like Mommy had her reasons for buying me the pacifier. Read her blog if you want to know more!


















My new pacifier... it's from the pigeon series where it's specially designed for babies above 18 months - it will ease them especially during their teething process. It's from the same series as my previous one, except that it was a cat before. Now, I have a lamb with the words "I love Mama". Sometimes if I wore it upside down, Mommy would tell me, "Szeyi, your chut chut is upside down already". Then I'll turn it back to the right orientation :)

3 comments:

KK and WS said...

Clever Girl...know how to turn the chut chut back...

Peter & Joyce said...

So when do you plan to wean her off the pacifier?

ablogaway said...

I don't know... don't think she'll throw it down the balcony again! Need to find a good timing, hopefully before she turns 2! Or any other suggestions on how to do that is very much welcomed...

Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails