Me and My Sisters

Me and My Sisters

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Milk Strike!


It's been more than 2 weeks now that SJ went on milk strike while I left her at MIL's house during work hours. Starting this month, she went to Amah's house because our contract with the babysitter has ended. The babysitter wanted to travel and do something else.

Everything went rather smoothly with this change, except that SJ didn't want to drink milk at all, and her poo poo was not that regular anymore. Initially I was rather upset, and tried all means to make her drink milk. I've tried using cup, syringe, straw, mixed EBM with milo or cornflakes, or try different brands of milk formula, etc. but all to no avail. During the first week, she would nurse non-stop after I came back from work, and during the weekend, she skipped her usual porridge but feasted on me 24 by 7.

Came the 2nd week, I managed to slowly switch her to Pediasure (chocolate flavour) when I discovered that she could accept Milo. So I passed that (Pediasure & Milo) to MIL during the weekdays, but to my dismay, she rejected it too! And I also noticed that she hardly asked me to nurse her in MIL's house unless I asked her if she wanted milk. She only asked for milk when we're in the car going home, or when at home.

Now, I ask MIL to feed her yoghurt and I'm glad that she still takes it. At least that's the only source of milk that she takes when I'm not around. I'm not sure if I could wean her off my breast completely... as my target dateline is approaching soon. She's turning two in 2 months time, and I couldn't accept the fact that a 2-year old child doesn't drink milk. If any of you know of any other alternatives to make her drink milk, please kindly let me know, ya. I'm also considering to reduce my pumping frequency soon, since now I only rely on SY to help me finish them, or else I'll donate them away too.

For now, this would be her famous phrase, "I don't like nen nen. Nen Nen no good la. I want Mommy's nen nen." Sigh...

1 comment:

meigirl said...

in this photo she really looks like you :)

Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails