Me and My Sisters

Me and My Sisters

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Daddy's Birthday

While the nation was celebrating their independence, we're celebrating our Daddy's birthday at Ferringhi Garden. Nope, it's not the actual day yet, but we took the opportunity of the public holiday since it's quite a distance from where we're staying.

This was my 2nd time celebrating Daddy's birthday. Last year, I was just about 3.5 months and that was my first outing. Before that they hardly took me out, since I was too small.

1 year ago


Now


No, you didn't see wrongly, I'm a BIG girl now!

Daddy, Mommy and I arrived rather early, so we had time to go around the place while waiting for Jie Jie, Amah, and 3rd Chik Chik (2nd Chik Chik was still in Singapore). By the time they arrived, I've finished my porridge!

Amah, 3rd Chik Chik and Jie Jie

Halfway eating, we're greeted by a band who offered to sing us some songs. They started with Twinkle Twinkle Little Star for me, followed by Mary Had a Little Lamb for Jie Jie and finally Happy Birthday for Daddy. Very nice songs!

While they were eating, Jie Jie and I had a fun time roaming around the place. Mommy had to follow me all over the place, since I wouldn't want to sit still. After everyone was done eating, Mommy asked the waitress to serve the birthday cake. It took Daddy by surprise, even though he knew that they would be serving the cake soon. Why? Because of the setting, how it was served, and also the birthday songs that came with the cake - from the crew of waiter/waitress. It was really a pleasant surprise.

Photo session with the birthday boy - yes, see I was clapping my hand too!


The birthday cake - Mommy's home-made peach marscarpone cheese cake


Enjoying the birthday cake - Jie Jie feeding me

Well, that's only the prelude. Here's what happened on the actual day...

Jie Jie insisted on getting a party hat before we had our dinner.


We had a lot of detour before we finally made it to our destination - the dinner place, which was the same one that we went to during Mommy's birthday. Jie Jie kept asking for this and that. Daddy had to make a few u-turns because she didn't want to go to Jusco when we're nearly there, but to Tesco instead. And she wanted to get a party hat for Daddy somemore! Since we're running out of time, Mommy told Daddy to ignore her - we had to return the camera to Mommy's friend by 10pm, and it was already 8.30pm then. Our camera's LCD was not functioning so Mommy borrowed one for this special occasion. And Mommy's friend had been very nice to come to our place to deliver it to her, and also to collect it back later. In the end, Daddy and Mommy managed to convince Jie Jie that party hats were only sold in Jusco, so she agreed to eat in Jusco (actually it's QBM). Phew! Much nearer to our house compared to Tesco.

When we reached Jusco, Jie Jie headed straight to Toy r Us and she took quite some time to choose the party hat, etc. Not only for her, but for everyone! Daddy was really patient with her, and in the end, he managed to persuade her to get the princess party set for herself (she wanted a blue pipe, not any other colour!) while everyone else had a common hat (as if it's her birthday!). In the end, when we're done, Mommy thought we could go straight for dinner. Not that easy, we were distracted by the rides on the way so they had to make another stop there and let us had some fun at the playground first before we finally headed to the dinner place.

Jie Jie ate a lot of those sushi rolls, while I had some portions too. Later I wanted to go walk walk so Mommy had to take me out for a short walk while Daddy and Jie Jiew finished their dinner. When we're finally done, we headed home to sing birthday song to Daddy and cut the cake.

Posing with our party set

Jie Jie wanted to light the candle, see she's holding the knife to cut the cake too!

Singing the birthday song and cutting of the cake



A mille crepe birthday cake, Happy Birthday Daddy!

1 comment:

Pet said...

Looks like mummy still have time to bake! Looks great, surely taste great too!

Your che-che very happy see the cake... same type of expression like my girl.

Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails