Me and My Sisters

Me and My Sisters

Sunday, September 27, 2009

And They Live Happily Ever After...

Yes, I am going to blog about another wedding dinner that we've just attended at E&O Hotel. When I showed Sze Yi my friend's wedding album, she asked me if the bride has met her prince. I told her yes, and they live happily ever after.... :)

Our camera's LCD monitor was not functioning, so we hadn't been taking many photos lately. Here are a few precious photos that was taken with my father's camera when we went back to Ipoh during the Raya weekend, and being uploaded by my brother so I get to share them here.

Little Mozarts in the making?

My brother got these costumes from Hong Kong for them, which were just the right time because we would be attending a wedding dinner that week. Luckily my father took a photo of them in it, because I didn't get a chance to have Sze Juin's picture taken on that wedding dinner night.

Sze Yi with her cheeky pose

Sze Juin's still afraid of my parents... see the look on her face!

And here's the photo taken by my colleague's 40D - only had Sze Yi in it because Sze Juin was too afraid to join us.

Noticed the difference? Sze Yi was rather shy here compared to the earlier photos, right?

Well, luck was on my side because the 2 girls sit thru the whole dinner up to the 7th course! I was really proud of Sze Juin because at such age (16 months), this was really a great milestone. Last time when Sze Yi was around this age, hubby and I had to take turns going out with her every 2-3 courses or so, but this time, we got to enjoy our meals. Only during the 7th course, Sze Juin wanted to go join the kids at the stage dancing :). She kept pulling my hand to ask me dance with her. So, I took them out for a walk outside.

If you're wondering what kept her occupied throughout the dinner, it's nothing than the snacks that I'd prepared and also the music played by the band. I gave her cranberries and apricot in litle containers (I separate them into 2 different containers, and only gave her one by one, so that she'll be kept entertained all the time). She also played with the water tumble, pouring out the water onto her babychair and also her dress! Luckily when I stopped her, she only struggled for awhile before I managed to distract her with other things. Another good thing was that I noticed she was quite attracted to the songs played by the band. When they finished playing, she would sign with her hand, motioning 'no more' sign and said "Boh". Then when they started a new song, she would start to move her body, dancing along with the song. It's cute to watch her.

As for the big one, hubby was entertaining her and feeding her (but she ate very little that day, didn't want most of the food). At times, she got naughty and wanted her sister's snacks. She actually finished up one of the container's food, so I had to use my backup container instead. Luckily it could last till quite some time. And this girl chose to do her big business there (hotel environment?) of all the place and time! I've been asking her at home, but she kept saying no. Then in the hotel, she told me she wanted to go wee wee. I took her there twice, but on the 2nd time, she said she also wanted to poo poo and it just came out without much notice! But luckily she didn't create too much mess for me and it's towards the end of the dinner already.

All in all, I felt glad that I took them there and was really proud of them, even though they gave me so much headache in the beginning. We just came back from Ipoh that afternoon, and Sze Juin only had a 1-hour nap. She didn't want to sleep after that, and only started to get sleepy again when we're preparing to go to dinner, but still refused to sleep. And I had a hard time trying to get her to wear that costume, she kept crying and struggling. In the end, I just let her ran around naked, until we're about to leave the house. As for Sze Yi, she kept saying she wanted to tuck in her clothes (need to tuck in only will look nice, that's what my teachers said). So she wore a pants-like skirt and tucked the dress into it! I kept telling her how ugly she looked, but she refused to let me take that out. Luckily in the end, before we left the house, she agreed to take that out! My, looks like my little girls had a taste of their own :)

1 comment:

Pet said...

OOo... at least they wear the dress just before going out. Mine would be really stubborn.

My son also afraid of Art's parents when we were down in KL. I guess they don't see them often...short memory.

I attended a wedding last week, no photos too, coz no battery already. :-) Else, would also blog about it!

Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails