Me and My Sisters

Me and My Sisters

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Finally 2!

How did I start my big day? I woke up at 10am in the morning! Mommy took leave to accompany me today. Since we had to go to Amah's place to pai Ah Kong by 10.30am (it coincided with Ah Kong's chinese death anniversary date today), Mommy quickly changed me into my new suit given by Amah.

And Mommy quickly let me have my nen nen, followed by a hard-boiled egg. Mommy said I have to eat egg on my birthday.

After that, Mommy drove me to Amah's house. Since they had taken down my car seat to wash (I wee wee on it when they let me go diaperless on one of our outings, oopss!) and had not put it back yet, Mommy let me sit in front with the seat belt on. She took some time to convince me to sit there, because I kept on insisting to sit at the back. But she told me she could not monitor me if that's the case. In the end, I agreed. And off we went.

After we reached Amah's place, we paid our respect to Ah Kong and then I played with cousin Sarah. I had lots of birthday gifts awaiting me there. I also had an early lunch, Amah cooked a lot of dishes today. If you noticed, I changed to a Minnie pyjama halfway thru. That's when I found out that I had another Mimi pressie from Koh Koh (Sarah's Mommy). I immediately asked Chik Chik to change for me. Since then only Mommy realised that my favourite cartoon character is Minnie.

Not too long later, the mail man came. There was a parcel for me! And it's from Mommy :) She asked me to open my present, and wow, see what I got? While I was busy exploring my new toys, Daddy came back for lunch with a cake. I haven't seen what it was, but I immediately said "Mimi". Yes, they had asked me and I'm expecting that :)

We had a simple candles blowing and cake-cutting ceremony.
If you're wondering why all the pictures taken were so small, well - ask Mommy. She didn't realised her handphone setting had changed and had been snapping away without checking. AND....apparently, she blamed me for that because I had been playing with her handphone these few days. My only photos were either from Mommy or Daddy's handphones now because our camera went out of order again (during the 2nd day of my LeaderLand session), after they sent for repair last time. So, the picture quality was not that great.

After lunch, Daddy left to work again. He couldn't take leave today since he just changed job to a new company, so he had limited leaves. Mommy took me home for a nap. After my nap, I played with my new musical instruments. I really enjoyed it :)

When Daddy came back from work, he took us out for dinner. I was delighted when I saw the decorations at Queensbay Mall. I loved holding the decorative balls hanging on the Christmas tree. It took sometime for Mommy and Daddy to whisk me away.

We went to TGIF for dinner. Since they would be singing birthday song to me, Daddy thought that I would enjoy it. I had a fun time scribbling away while waiting for our orders. And I enjoyed the food. But halfway thru, I wanted to go out. So Mommy and Daddy took turns to bring me out. Towards the end, the crew came and sang me a birthday song. I was frightened! I wanted to sit on Mommy's lap. And when I tried to blow the candle away, it just wouldn't go off. So Daddy helped me with it.


After that, Mommy suggested that we go to Toy R Us. I enjoyed playing with the toys there. Daddy entertained me while Mommy went to buy some groceries. When Mommy came back, I showed her my newfound swing. I enjoyed swinging in there, but Mommy said it's too expensive to buy. In the end, she bought a drawing board for me since I loved drawing so much. When she's paying for it, I chanced upon a box of bricks, and I wanted that too! Daddy asked me to ask Mommy if I can have it, and she said yes! Wow, so I have another new toys!

That night, I played with my bricks before going to sleep. Since it was rather late that night, Daddy didn't set up the drawing board for me, but Mommy managed to arrange the magnetic alphabets and numbers on it and put that in my room.

Oh yes, Mommy boiled bird nest for me that night, so Daddy fed me before going to sleep. I loved it!

So, that's how I spent my 2nd birthday.... I'm a big girl now :)

2 comments:

Peter & Joyce said...

Yes, you're a big girl now, and growing prettier every day. What a thoughtful gesture from Mommy to send you a parcel on your big day!

ablogaway said...

Thanks Joyce. Actually that was a coincidence - I haven't got time to go shopping for her presents until the very last minute so I decided to order online :)

Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails