Me and My Sisters

Me and My Sisters

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Bronchitis and Father's Day

Sze Juin had fever for nearly a week before we finally took her to see the doctor. Prior to that, Jie Jie had fever first, we took both of them to see the doctors (two separate doctors) and during both times, SJ was checked and diagnosed to be perfectly OK. So only Jie Jie was on antibiotics, but they couldn't find anything wrong with SJ.

So when SJ's turn to have fever, we thought it was just a normal sore throat and took her to see the doctor. But still again, nothing wrong with her, not even a red throat. So we thought it's OK. After about 1 week and her fever still didn't really go down, we took her there again, and this time the paed suspected it's bronchitis. We're asked if we wanted to send her for chest x-ray to be certain that it's not pneumonia, we agreed. Luckily it's just bronchitis. Initially we didn't want to take her to see the doctor because if it's suspected dengue, she'll need to have her blood taken and we didn't like that. So we just stop her fever by using Paracetamol and IbuProfen.

We chose not to be admited, so we had to make several trips to the hospital for nebulizer treatment. I took the day off and my boss is so nice to let me work from home for half a day so that I can bring her there at least 3 times a day, and thank God after the 4th time, doctor found her 80% recovered. I was so relieved, because we'll be travelling in a exactly a week's time.

This was also her first time taking antibiotics Zithromax. I only managed to protect her from antibiotics for 2 years and 1 month :( Anyway, that helped her condition to improve a lot, so I wouldn't fret. Besides that, she's also on Singulair, and probiotics.

SJ holding her own nebulizer valve

She's so coperative when it comes to giving her the nebulizer treatment. Even the nurses were surprised, normally kids that age would cry or protest, but SJ co-operatively allowed them or me to put that on her. Sometimes, she even wanted to hold it herself, all through the whole process. I was so proud of her. 

Being a kiasu mom, I also took her and her Jie Jie for Ayurvedic treatment, since I wanted something to keep them from harm while we're travelling. It's OK to take the Ayurvedic herbs together with the western medicine (1 hour apart), and I felt more secured  having something with me while we're away. I'll also be bringing all the basic medications along. The paed also gave me the ventoline inhaler, in case I'll be needing that during our trip. I think we're well prepared, and since SJ's recovering very fast, I'm hoping she'll be fully cleared by then. 

Well, all this actually happened on Father's Day. So you can guess how Father's Day was celebrated this year. Anyway, we did manage to squeeze in a simple dinner together as it's also Sa Chik's birthday that day.

No comments:

Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails