Me and My Sisters

Me and My Sisters

Saturday, December 22, 2007

My 2nd Chinese Birthday

Well, this year my chinese birthday falls on the same day as the Winter Solstice Festival, or also known as the Dongzhi. This day marks the end of a good year with Dong Zhi, the arrival of winter. Daddy remarked that my chinese birthday always falls on some special day, like last year, it was during New Year day.

We went back to Ipoh that day, to celebrate Christmas with Poh Poh and Gong Gong. Mommy is taking the following Monday off, which is also Christmas eve. Unfortunately, Daddy would be going back that very day since he needs to work on Monday.

Mommy dressed me in my new blouse and skirt. We stopped for dim sum in Restaurant Foh San in Ipoh before reaching Gong Gong's house. Everyone was too hungry and we ate everything that was served. Mommy even tapau-ed a few paus back for Gong Gong and Poh Poh.

Upon reaching Gong Gong's house, I saw Chiu Chiu too. He's arrived from Singapore to spend Christmas here. And I also saw my old time favaourite - the piano! I spent some time banging away. But I prefered the small chair instead of the bench.

Hurray... Mommy remembered to bring my toys along too :)Daddy fed me tang yuan made by Poh Poh last night. Mommy asked him to feed me the pink ones since I'm a girl. But after a few taste, I wouldn't want anymore. Mommy guessed that the ginger taste was too much for me. Then Mommy fed me mee suah, prepared by Gong Gong. Daddy said I have to eat mee suah on my chinese birthday, and since it was the Dong Jie festival, he also wanted me to have some tang yuan too. Daddy seemed to be very particular about all these customs. So Mommy had to make sure that these were all ready and prepared for me.

After that, I went to explore the staircase - another of my favourites. Did you see what T-shirt I was wearing? This was the first time that I was wearing it although Daddy had bought that for me last August.
Daddy spent some time with me before he went back to Penang.
When he left, I was wailing loudly and wanted to follow. Mommy had a hard time calming me down, and finally I dozed off while waiting for the online Barney to load on Chiu Chiu's laptop (again, Barney always did the trick!). But when I woke up from my nap, the first thing I asked Mommy was "where's Dad Dad?". I even packed my toys and told Mommy, "Mama, chou" (let's go Mama). I pointed to the gate and asked her to take me to find Daddy. Well, it's not easy for Mommy, she needed to explain over and over again that Daddy had to work, so he had to go back. And I've suddenly became very clingy to Mommy, not wanting to be left alone without her near my sight. She had to bring me along even when she's bathing or went to the bathroom! And worst still, I wouldn't want to walk. So Mommy had no choice but to carry me around, even up and down the stairs. Well, actually this was not really good for her, since she's expecting a baby. Luckily, I would listen at times and walk on my own, but she must tag along.

That night, Mommy had a tough time getting me to sleep. So we played until close to 2am in the morning. See how did we spent the night?
I kept playing my toys over and over again, also going down the stairs to say good night to Poh Poh, Gong Gong and Chiu Chiu repeatedly. And Mommy read me the story books that I just got recently from my birthday - The Three Little Pigs, Little Red Riding Hood, The Clever Monkey and also the Ten Wriggly, Wiggly Caterpillars. I had a special preference for The Three Little Pigs that night, and poor Mommy had to read that to me more than 10 times that night. Until finally I'm in dreamland...

3 comments:

Peter & Joyce said...

She sure looks like she had a glorious time in Ipoh :)

KK and WS said...

ha..i like the shirt daddy bought..looks like daddy is 'ong' ya.. *grin*

iamthewitch said...

The shirt that daddy bought is SO cute! I should ask my dad to get me one too! :P

Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails