Me and My Sisters

Me and My Sisters

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Singapore Day 2

14 Oct 2007, Singapore - I didn't get to eat any breakfast today, because I overslept! Well, actually I woke up at ~7 am, when everyone was still sleeping. But after playing awhile, I slept back at around 9am. So Daddy and Amah went down for breakfast while Mommy slept with me. When they returned to the hotel, I was still sleeping. So Daddy went back to sleep. Mommy then got ready for church, since it's a Sunday. Chiu Chiu came and fetch her there. It was already 11am then, but I was still sleeping :) In fact, all of us were, except Mommy of course!

When Mommy & Chiu Chiu came back, it was nearly 1pm. We got ready to go out. Chiu Chiu brought us to Gelang to try the famous turtle soup. This restaurant, as well as the duck rice restaurant that we went to yesterday, have been frequented by famous artists and the food's really good. I have never tasted anything so delicious before and I kept on insisting to have more bowls of soup! Mommy and the rest were enjoying themselves very much too.

A closer look at the herbal turtle soup...







After lunch, we made another attempt to Jurong Bird Park. Luckily the sun was shining on us, so Chiu Chiu dropped us there. We bought our tickets, I got to enter free and Amah got some discounts for senior citizens. Since the weather was great, we decided to walk and didn't opt for the monorail option.







The first bird that I saw was the ugly duckling. Or so according to Mommy, just to associate it with my favourite story. But I don't think it's the same duck as in the ugly duckling story though, you can see for yourself - it's at the background (but rather small).



I've never seen so many birds in my life before. I'm a great fans of the birds, even when I'm in Penang, I would request for Mommy to take me to have a closer look at the birds if I see them on the roadside.

So now, I got so see so many different types of birds up close and personal.

Since it's going to be 4pm soon, we made our way to the Fuji Hawk Walk to catch the last bird show of the day - Birds of Prey Shows. It's very hot that day, and I was sweating profusely. I bet I'm gonna be sun-tanned soon. Amah and Mommy kept making me wear my hat, but I kept throwing it down. So, they took papers to cover my head instead, but I pushed them away because I didn't like those things on my head. Did you see there's a large crowd too waiting for the show?
I love the part where the birds flew from one of the demonstrator to the other, and the route that the bird took was exactly on top of my head! That's because I was sitting quite close to one of the demonstrator. Everytime the bird flew over me (it's really close, and Mommy would shield me when it came near me so that I won't be scared), I'll giggled and see it flew to the other demonstrator.

After the show ended, we toured around the place.

More photos...


And could you believe it that I actually climbed up till here on my own? When Daddy finally catched up with me, I was already up there. He had to carry me to stop me from going further up, despite my struggles.

We saw more birds...


and have a great time swinging away. Actually they use this swing to keep me under control, I have been running around and insisting to walk my own way.



And before Daddy decided to call it the day of birds, we went to see the penguins. You can see that I'm about to sleep - which is another reason why I'm getting out of control.
The last picture showed that I wanted to get out of there... I guess I've had enough. So after that, Mommy called Chiu Chiu to come fetch us. We were waiting at the souvenir shop and I wanted to play with every birds plush toys there. When Mommy and Daddy tried to stop me, I got angry and lied down on the floor. Everybody was looking at me, I guess both Mommy and Daddy were really embarassed. But I just wouldn't want to listen. Well, luckily Chiu Chiu came not too long later.

Chiu Chiu wanted to take us for the Duck Tour, so we rushed to Suntec City to get our tickets.
Unfortunately, by the time we reached there, it's already closed. The last tour was at 6pm. So we then went to have dinner instead. I was already asleep in Chiu Chiu's car, and still sleeping when they came here. Guess where we have our dinner?
And here's what we ordered...The Original Baby Backs and Tony Roma’s Red Hots. They are really delicious, but I only have chips since that's my favourites.

When I woke up, I found myself in this restaurant and was not very familiar with my surroundings. So I asked Mommy to take me out. I prefer to wander around the fish pond in front of the restaurant instead. So Mommy and Daddy had to take turns bringing me out so that they could have their dinner in-betweens. And towards the end, I found something that really attracted me...

I wouldn't want to come down even though they have finished their dinner, and Chiu Chiu even tried to teach me how to play the game. This is my only photos with Chiu Chiu, by the way.







After that, we went outdoor to have a night view
of the place.It's really nice, especially at the fountain there. However, Daddy couldn't get a good shot of that. The only photo that turned out quite well is this...




After that, Chiu Chiu drove us to the Esplanade since Amah's really tired and couldn't walk further. We just sat there enjoying the night view. But I couldn't sit still so Daddy brought me for a stroll around that area.




This photo was taken without me because I was throwing tantrums at that time - and lying on the floor again. So they ignored me this time...

After that, Chiu Chiu sent us back to the hotel. See what mischief I was into again? :)
Well, it's another tiring day for us. Good night :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tony Roma's!!! That's all I could think of...

Mommy said...

What? She was on the road the entire day? Wow, I can't never imagine how Charlotte would behave if her naps are skipped...

Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails