Me and My Sisters

Me and My Sisters

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Bye Bye ...

Saying bye bye to mommy has not been easy for me, especially if she's going to work. Every morning, amah will try to distract me when Daddy & Mommy are going to work. Most of the times, she'll use the "Ceria" channel on Astro to distract my attention. So, Mommy and Daddy can't say bye bye to me, they will have to slip out unseen. Sometimes, with Daddy I'm still ok, but not with Mommy.

After we moved to our new house, I have my own room. I normally slept with Amah. So when I woke up in the morning, I would go and knock on Mommy's room. If they have gone to work, Amah would open the door and let me go in there. When I saw that Mommy and Daddy were not around, I would be contented and go into my own room to play. There's one time when i woke up quite early, so I went to knock on Mommy's door. Amah didn't open the door since Mommy & Daddy were still sleeping. So I sat in front of their room and cried. I tried to say sorry (Daddy taught me to say sorry by hand gesture, something like 'tabik'. But then I prefer to put my hand on my head instead). Maybe I have been naughty, that's why Mommy wouldn't want to open the door. After calling "Mama" for a few times, Mommy suddenly came out and hugged me. She was still sleeping. Then I stopped crying. But of course, later when they were going to work, I had to face another round of 'saying' bye bye and would end up crying. In the end, they would come back in and played with me for awhile, and slipped out quietly when they thought I was not looking.

Now, Amah decided to move back to her house. So Mommy and Daddy need to transport me there in the mornings and back at night. Sometimes I would stay there overnight. So, saying bye bye to mommy is getting more difficult. Normally Mommy would carry me up to Amah while Daddy waited in the car. I have no problem waving bye bye to Daddy, even flying him a friend kiss. But when Mommy carried me up to Amah's apartment, I would start crying when we reached the grill door and I would direct mommy to move away from that. The part I feared most was when Mommy passed me over to Amah. I've been crying in a row for the whole week. There were times when I would still be sleeping when Mommy wanted to carry me to the car. I would pretend to sleep and struggled to be put down back on the bed, making it harder for mommy to carry me. (In Amah's place, even though I was still sleeping when Mommy came to fetch me back, I would not put up such a struggle, so that's why Mommy thought I was pretending).

Then one day Mommy decided to play 'acting' with me. She would pretend to go to work, and asked me to say 'bye bye' to her. I found this funny, and I enjoyed this, so I played along. I would ask mommy to go out the front door and I said 'bye bye' sweetly to her. This continued for sometime, Mommy even took her laptop bag out with her and we would both say 'bye bye'. We repeated this for several times, in fact for a few days. But the next time when Mommy told me that she's going to work, and need to drop me at Amah's place, she asked me to say bye bye to her and not to cry. I somehow couldn't face it and started crying again.

Until one fine day, the day I decided to go into the car seat. After we reached amah's place last Friday, Mommy carried me out from the car seat and we went to Amah's place. When Amah came out, I called sweetly to Amah and straight away went in to play. To mommy's amazement, I did not cry at all. I kept hearing her say "Mommy is so proud of you, Szeyi. Bye bye". I replied back "Bye bye...". I can see Mommy felt so relieved and full of pride when she walked out from Amah's house. Hmm... maybe I'm growing up finally. Well, that fateful Friday means a lot to Mommy, she felt that I've got two great achievement for the day - got over the car seat trauma & able to say bye bye to Mommy .

No comments:

Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails