Me and My Sisters

Me and My Sisters

Friday, May 04, 2012

4 or 5?

It's my lunar birthday today. Amah said I'm 5! Wow, what a big jump. Jie Jie was so confused and kept asking Amah, "If Juin Juin is 5 today according to the Chinese calendar, then when her English birthday comes, she'll be going back to 4? How can that be?" Confusing!

I have my own question though. If I'm 5 today, that means I no longer go to Nursery Blue? I should go to K1 or 5-year old class instead?

Mommy had a tough time explaining that Chinese Calendar counts things differently. It's always 1 year older. But in school, we always follow the English one. It also happened that this year, the Chinese one comes earlier than the English one. Sigh, why do they want to make things so complicated?

No comments:

Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails