Me and My Sisters

Me and My Sisters

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Learning to be Independent

It's not too long ago that I once dreamt of being able to let my kids play on their own without me supervising them. My dreams turned into reality last month (March), this was actually a backdated post.

The girls playing the doctor game
(You can obviously tell who's the doctor, can you?)

I get to enjoy more time preparing lunch, or get the house chores done while being home alone with them. And it's fun to watch them play, laughed at their childish antics and be amazed at how matured they actually are!

Sze Yi is still as bossy as ever, while Sze Juin is as accomodating as ever. Is that why they can play together? Not really. Although I've seen SJ came crying to me because her Jie Jie always snatched her toys, I have also witnessed some events when the Jie Jie's the one who came crying to me, complaining that SJ bit her! Or smacked her! And the reason? She took her Mei Mei's toys :)

On another incident, I was amazed at how much I could trust SJ now. One day, I asked SJ to help me carry SY's school uniform for me when I fetched her back from Amah's place, since my hands were full. When we reached home, I asked her to put them back into the cupboard for me straightaway. Off she went into her Jie Jie's room. I never thought about it anymore as I went on to do my things. 

The next day, I was searching thru SJ's cupboard, and I found the set of school uniform in SJ's drawers. I thot she loved her Jie Jie's school uniform so much (she's been asking me to let her wear that on and off, even though she's only going to Amah's house and not school, or even as her pyjamas) until she put that in her own drawers. But I was wrong. Hubby told me that SJ did try to put the uniform in SY's cupboard (he's having a nap there, that's why he knew), but since SJ couldn't reach to open the cupboard, she went out. Hubby didn't know where she went. So it looks like she went to the other room to put the clothes in her own cupboard first, which she can reach!

Now, would you say my little toddler did things with some reasonings of her own?

No comments:

Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails