Me and My Sisters

Me and My Sisters

Saturday, July 25, 2009

PG -> Ipoh -> KL -> Malacca (Part 1)

We went for another trip last weekend. It was a super trip, because we only took 3 days thru and fro to cover such a distance.

Since it was only planned at the very last minute, we actually packed on the day of departure itself. And, the funny thing was that we didn't wake up extra early, since we're all very tired. I think I only woke up at 8.30am or so, cooked their porridge and then started packing. We left around 11am, stopped at Auto City for our breakfast before continuing on our journey.

We had lunch at Ipoh, and stopped at my parents' house for awhile. Sze Yi quickly warmed up to them and my sister. She told us that she wanted to stay the night there. But when we left, she changed her mind immediately. We then continued on to KL. Well, since this was a last minute trip, we didn't book the hotel in advance. So, when we called them on that day, it was all fully booked. However, luck was on our side when we reached there and walked-in to ask again. I made sure that it was not the only room available, since I have heard of stories where hotels should reserve 1 room at all times.

So we checked in. The kids, as usual quickly felt at home and warmed up to the new environment.

Sze Juin struggling to get down, wanted to explore the new place right away


Sze Yi enjoyed watching the TV, while eating the snack that we brought along. Where as Sze Juin was busy exploring the place, leaving nothing left unchecked.
The view from the hotel

I gave them a quick bath before we went out for dinner. By the time we're ready, it was already 6pm++. I brought along a thermal cooker so the porridge that I cooked this morning was still warmed.


Getting ready to go out

We went to The Curve and we did some shopping at Daiso. After that, we had dinner at the Marché. It was a very fresh concept of dining where it gave us a marketplace kind of atmosphere.

Outside the restaurant

The kids had a balloon each, but they couldn't really sit still all the time so hubby and I took turns to eat.

After dinner, we made our way to Ikea for some shopping. While there, I put my sling to good use since their weight were weighing down on me. I even used it on Sze Yi, and I felt instantly relieved from the weight. However, Sze Juin didn't want to sleep in it (she's very sleepy by now). Somehow, she preferred to sleep on my shoulder instead, and kept asking me to remove the sling. So, we quickly finished our shopping and made our way back.

By the time we reached our hotel, we're aching all over. It was such a long walk, whatsmore having to carry the two kids all the time. Sze Yi didn't want to walk, kept complaining she's tired so hubby and I took turns carrying them. Phew, I think I couldn't feel my legs anymore by the time we reached our room. Luckily, we're just staying nearby.

We expected them to sleep right away after that, but to our dismay, they suddenly became hyper-active. Must be due to the hotel, they just loved hotels! Sze Yi, upon reaching the hotel, the first thing she asked was to switch on the TV and sat on the bed, munching her snack. She didn't eat much for dinner, but kept on asking for milk. In fact, throughout the whole trip, she ate very little, but nearly finished the whole box of milk that we brought along. Sigh...

As for Sze Juin, she was so excited rolling around until her head accidentally hit hubby's mouth - and it bled! Luckily, it's nothing major, not a very big swell. But, Sze Yi was very worried, she even cried for Daddy! In the end, Daddy had to console her, instead of being consoled!

Well, this was only Day 1 of our journey. But it seemed like it's already the last day because we're all so tired.

2 comments:

Pet said...

Was this out of the blue trip? Looks like a really eventful trip, but tiring... just after 1 day. Trips with children can be rather tiring... i can understand!

Little Salt said...

Dear Irene, you should give me a ring when you were here! But i know you had limited time :) Ikano and Ikea are my favorite place to go. Hope your lovely daugthers had a great trip!

Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails