Me and My Sisters

Me and My Sisters

Friday, July 10, 2009

It Ain't So Bad Afterall...

Yes, because I got to sleep much earlier at night! My prediction came true, both the girls had enough of each other during the day time that it's easier calling the day off.

And, we also got to eat home-cooked food despite my earlier assumption that MIL won't have time to cook. It's easier for her too, because SJ slept quite a lot - once in the morning, and once in the afternoon after Jie Jie came back from school. Sometimes, both the sisters had their nap together, so she had some time to prepare dinner. But at times, Mei Mei would wake Jie Jie up from her nap, and then when it's Mei Mei's turn to sleep, Jie Jie would be waking her up. That's the part that caused the most headache to MIL. So ended up, no home cooked dinner for Mommy and Daddy.

It's true that we survive by learning to adapt to changes. Sze Juin and MIL learnt to adapt to each other as the days went by. Day 1, SJ didn't want any milk. Day 2, MIL learnt that she wanted to use the same bottle as in the babysitter's place. You see, cheap skate Mommy only bought 1 bottle for her, which we used at home. That's the BPA-free one, MAM. Since it's so expensive, Mommy decided to convert her BPA-free storage bottles into milk bottles. It costs only ~RM5 per bottle, and all I need to do is just to put the teats, and viola, you get a BPA-free bottle. Well, I pass two of these bottles to the babysitter, and luckily I took home one set with me. So on Day 2, SJ pointed to MIL that she wanted that bottle, and after that, she actually drank the milk! We're so relief. But after the weekend, the following Monday, she rejected the milk again. I guess she needed more time to adjust. Now, she's doing great. Instead of 1 or 2 bottles of milk, she drank 3 bottles now. That's really some progress. MIL had also discovered a way to let her drink - instead of carrying her, she let her lie down on her own, and feed her that way. During the afternoon, both Jie Jie and Mei Mei would lie down together in their new baby cot (I'll come to that later) and drank from the bottles on their own.

Well, of course, when I'm back (either during lunch time or at night), she'll keep asking for nen nen, and nurse non-stop. During the first week, I've been home during lunch time to bathe Jie Jie, tapau lunch for MIL and nurse SJ before going back to work. It was rather hectic, but it's really nice getting to see her, greeting me when I was back, and hugging me like a koala bear all the time, until MIL had to forcefully remove her from me when I'm leaving for work. To which would ended up with her crying so pitifully, which she never did when I left her at the babysitter's. But luckily there's Jie Jie to keep her entertained, so I could be rest assured that her time spent at home would be more 'colorful'. Both of them were happier now too. They kept each other company, until to the point that Jie Jie stopped doing her homework now, so we'll have to supervise her after we came back at night. Which means, more work for Mommy, and that haven't included the toys that they scaterred around everywhere, the unwashed plates, bottles, clothes, etc. But, I've stopped my early morning pumps this week, so I have more time to do the unfinished work in the mornings before going to work.

Recently, we got a new baby cot for them (them, because SY also wanted to sleep in it, and luckily we got a bigger version where it can fit her too), which can be converted into a single bed. It's safer to leave SJ there, so I didn't need to go home during lunch time to bathe SY (hubby had been chauffering her back from school this week mostly, so I had sometime off to do my things). It's a good thing that we bought it, because SJ had an accident last weekend. She was spinning in the walker, with her head threwn back, and her head hit the corner of our TV cabinet. Both hubby and I were stunned, and we're too slow to stop her. Ended up, her head was red from the hit, but luckily it's ok.

It also happened that after the incident, my babysitter came with some durians (she had a durian farm back home) . Well, SJ smiled when she saw her, but when she tried to carry her, SJ cried! To the babysitter's dismay, SJ didn't want her after only 5 days! Anyway, maybe she came at the wrong timing, since SJ just woke up from her evening nap, and was rather groggy. Also, she just had an accident before that.

Ah, now that we're all used to this routine, I have another worry. After this 1 month is up, my poor baby would need to adjust to a new routine again, if my babysitter agree to continue her tenure... Sigh! Being a Mommy means having to worry about so many things... When would our worries ever end? I doubt if it will...that's the price of being a mother, I guess!

1 comment:

Pet said...

Yeap..lots of worries, that's true! And, also.. need to lots of 'creative thinking'. So actually stay at home mothers are really very creative.

Looks like everything going well for you, your children n your MIL. :-)

Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails