Me and My Sisters

Me and My Sisters

Friday, November 19, 2010

Flower girls

During my brother's wedding recently, the girls were asked to be flowergirls.


They were very excited, of course. One day before the actual day, we had a rehearsal. They didn't do very well. For one, they couldn't walk straight all the way. And they were looking down all the time, it took my brother some effort to ask them, especially Sze Yi to maintain eye level contact with him. Sze Juin was very sporting, she smiled and do as asked, but Sze Yi was rather shy, she refused to follow the instructions. We had to keep reminding them to do their best the next day, and I can see that my brother was rather worried :)

On the actual day...
Get set, ready, go! All ready for their task...

Most of us were assigned a task, my elder sis was the commentator, while my younger sis was the rings bearer (since we're afraid Sze Yi might drop them!). 

The commentator welcoming the guests...


Luckily, on the actual day, the flower girls did a superb job. Sze Yi was very steady, leading Sze Juin to walk straight, and they looked up at my brother all the way, maintaining their smiles. Phew! It was rather a cute sight, and everyone marveled at their performance.


After completing their task, the flower girls kneeled down to pray

During communion, they didn't want to stay behind

Actually I didn't have a nice shot of the wedding couples from my position, this is the best I have (it is rather blur...)

And they're happily married...

A photo with the bride & groom

Initially, I wanted to wait for the professional photos before posting about this, but I just can't wait. So, here's the only family shot that I have (after the tea ceremony, before the church wedding).
Aren't we a happy family? :)

3 comments:

HuiHui said...

great job SY and SJ! I actually turned down my sister's request for Lucas to be the ring boy.

ablogaway said...

Thanks, Hui Hui. Yeah, in case the rings drop and they have to spend some time looking for it...but then again, the possibility is unlikely because the rings would be tied to the ring holder. For my brother's case, the ring holder was brought from Russia, and it can break if fall...

Pet said...

So cute! :-)

Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails