Me and My Sisters

Me and My Sisters

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Belated School Birthday Celebration

SJ's school organized a birthday celebration for her recently. It was already 3 months belated, because she joined after her birthday. June, they were out sick, and July, we went for holidays. So we got the invitation on August, to celebrate with the other August babies.

Daddy couldn't make it, so I went myself. I didn't expect it to be  a whole school event. I thought it's just limited to her class or something like that. Well, when we arrived, we're already late by 10 mintues or so. It's really very bad traffic that day. Also, they kids were throwing tantrums so we left later than usual from home.

On the way there, SJ kept asking me to sing birthday song to her. She demanded me to sing in English, Chinese, BM and Korea, and I have to keep on repeating it until we reached!

When we reached there, the teachers brought the kids to sit down with the rest, while the parents sat at the back. A very touching song was being played at that time, unfortunately I couldn't really tell what's it about. My guess would be about how great the love of parents are, and the kids should be always grateful to their parents.

After that, the birthday children were asked to go in front, with their parents. When I went to look for SJ, she was sobbing so pitifully there. Looks like they were especially manja when Mommy's around :P So I led her to the front, but she wanted me to carry her! It was after awhile only she agreed to line up with the rest of the kids, so I could go in front to take some pictures.

 Can you see her standing there?

SJ's turn to get her birthday present
Singing of birthday song before cutting the cake
Everyone tried to get a good snap of the cake

Oh Oh, did you see someone's crying? The principal quickly went to console her...


Can you see the rest of the students sitting there?
Before they adjourned to their place, the birthday kids were asked to present a flower to their mother as a token of appreciation for bringing them up. It was quite touching here :)

Here's a shot with one of SJ's class teacher

Queueing up.. preparing for the next event

Where is Jie Jie all this while?
Can you see her smiling at me?
Mei Mei at the front was not participating, while Jie Jie was kneeling down
I managed to get a pic of them together :)

After that, the parents could bring the birthday kid to have breakfast. SY's teacher asked me to bring SY along too, so she got to enjoy the cakes and jelly as well.

It's obvious who enjoyed it the most :)
Luckily my colleague was there too, so he helped me took a picture with the kids.
Looks like Mommy's having a bad hair day!
Well, it was certainly a different experience altogether. Firstly, in all previous schools that we attended, we're the one who organized birthday parties for our kids, but this is the first that have everything planned out so formally. And secondly, it's the first time I saw how they emphasized on gratitude to parents during a birthday - because that's the day when a mother has to suffer to bring the child to the world. I have always taken my mother and parents for granted all this while, it's time to think about them during my birthday instead of about myself! What a good experience from this.

No comments:

Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails