Me and My Sisters

Me and My Sisters

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sze Juin is Two!

We started off the day by dressing them up even though they were just going to Amah's house.

Daddy and the girls

Mommy wanted to take photo with the girls too

We took the 2nd half off (it was very last minute planned. I was expecting one of chips to be back, so I did not apply for leave, but somehow the shipment got delayed so I could take the remaining day off). However, we did not go to fetch the kids back until rather late since I needed to decorate the birthday cake.

By the time we reached Amah's house, both of them were fast asleep. So we waited for them to wake up, bathed them and dressed them up. Where were we heading?

Yes, to get the birthday girl a birthday pressie -
since Mommy and Daddy were too busy and forgot all about it!

SY found SJ's old doll (which Amah threw away because the paint came out after SJ sucked on it), and SJ's been hooked on it the entire time there. It took us awhile to convince her to let go of that, and we're not successful until I offered to buy her another doll instead. So she settled for that doll (which she picked herself too) as her birthday pressie. Unlike Sze Yi last time when she turned two, I got her what I chose, but this time around, SJ said NO to whatever I picked for her, not even the doll of my liking! My, such strong character at 2!

And guess what Jie Jie was up too while we went pressie hunting?

She's hooked to a game of her own!

Luckily she didn't insist to have that. But she got a gift too, a pink hoola-hoop which she chose herself as well.

After we're done shopping (Amah chose a pair of shoes for SJ, and I got another Hi-5 DVD for them), we headed off for dinner.

Guess where we're going?

Yes, we went to Chilis. SY enjoying her crossword puzzles while SJ enjoying her apple juice


Our order came, and everyone's busy eating. SJ could manage everything on her own, and refused my help. On the other hand, SY asked me to feed her!

Gosh, see how messy SJ's mouth was! But she's certainly enjoying herself :)

The birthday girl finished her plate rather clean!

The birthday cake by the House

SJ was rather surprised at first when they sang birthday song to her. But she didn't cry, and was happy when everyone clapped and sang to her. (Last time when Jie Jie's 2, she cried when they sang to her in TGIF). When it came to candle blowing, she still didn't know how, so Jie Jie blew for her (SY's been asking to do that many many days before the actual day, with the excuse that Mei Mei was still too small to blow the candle).

After dinner, SY requested for some rides before going home



The Minnie Mouse Birthday Cake

I  baked the chocolate chip cheese cake on Saturday, and didn't freeze it till Monday. That's because I was not sure what would happen to the texture if I freeze a cheese cake. When I went to get some decorating stuffs from the cake shop, I was told that I should freeze it, or I should finish the cake in 3 days' time! I panicked and quickly went back to freeze it, and only started decorating it on Tuesday. When we ate it, I was disappointed to note that the orangy flavour had gone (it was still there before I froze it). I'm still wondering if that was due to it being frozen? Anyway, we didn't quite like the oreo base (last time I used the digestive biscuit base). In terms of the decoration, I was lucky that I managed to find a Minnie Mouse sugar paste, or I wouldn't know how to make a mousey cake (SJ's very fond of Minnie/Mickey Mouse, and she would pick anything with the mouse picture on it). My only regret was that I didn't apply the butter underneath it before pasting it on top of the cake, because I was lazy to wait till the butter melt. Maybe that's why I got such a crumpled effect on the sugar paste, but anyway, the kids didn't mind. So, it's still ok :)



Celebrating the birthday with their cousins and Kim Poh
SJ actually knew how to sing the birthday song in 3 languages too - English, Mandarin and Korean. And this time round, she knew what's she supposed to do when it came to candle blowing. But she didn't manage to blow the candle off, so Daddy helped her.

The girls eyeing for the marshmallows and sweets - thats what they liked best from this cake (I threw away the sugar paste since I didn't want them to eat it later)

Presents opening time...they loved their new toys!

Happy Birthday Sze Juin! You sure know it's your birthday and even sang the birthday song to youself the days before! Ah, and what makes Mommy so proud of you is that you're now taking formula milk (Pediasure Vanila flavour) from the bottle (and even cup) while at Amah's place. Bravo girl!

Now, Mommy can plan to wean you off slowly...

Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails