Me and My Sisters

Me and My Sisters

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Sze Juin Starts School

Wednesday May 26th marked another milestone for SJ. That’s her first day at school.

See how excited she was with her backpack and water tumbler, just like Jie Jie


When we dropped them off at the new school, SY adapted very well. She made friends very fast too. As for SJ, she was quite clingy and wouldn’t want to let me go. So I had to join them in the prep room where everyone was gathered in a room, with the TV program turned on, before school started at 8.30am. I wanted to say an official bye bye to them before I left, so that they were aware of it and quickly made my move. But SJ kept crying and wouldn’t let me go, so I stayed back for awhile. Not long later, I noticed that she’s not looking anymore, but I had not the heart to sneak out on her. Still, I made a move, and I heard her crying so pitifully. I ended up went back there and carried her. My mind was made; I’d take the day off that day and accompany her.

So I settled down SY at her class, and told the teachers that I’d drop hubby to get his car (since we’re carpooling that day) before coming back with SJ to accompany her. Not long after we reached the car park and as I went into the car, SJ asked, “Mommy, where’s Jie Jie?”.

I told her that Jie Jie’s at school.

She then replied, “Mommy bye bye. I want to go to school like Jie Jie”.

So I asked her if she’s ok for me to leave her there with Jie Jie while Mommy go to work. She said ok. Then we made our way back to the school.

After that, we left SJ at SY’s class and left. I called back to check on them, they were doing well. Of course SJ cried at times, but she’s ok when she saw her Jie Jie. I was told that she stopped crying immediately when food was served. She enjoyed the food there, and even asked for 2nd helping! That’s good news to me. I knew she really love eating, and it’s good to know that a new environment didn’t stop her from eating :)

We went to check on them during lunch time, I even brought fruits for them. Of course, when we left, SJ cried again. But that’s just a while. Later when I called to ask how they were doing, I was told that both of them were sleeping together. Aww.. how sweet.

After work, we went to fetch them. They were delighted to see us. SJ kept telling me, “Juin Juin qu school. Wo mei you cry”. Looks like this little girl has a high self esteem too ya. The teacher told me that she did cry when she woke up from her nap, but when she saw her Jie Jie still sleeping, she went back to sleep with them. She refused any milk on that day, and told the teacher that she wanted chocolate milk instead!

Overall, they were doing great there. What made me felt so relieved is that SY could really take good care of her Mei Mei. I observed how she assisted her Mei Mei when it’s time to switch classes, and when SJ refused to budge but cried instead (because she thought I went back already, but actually I was there observing them), SY quickly went to take both her and her Mei Mei's bags before going to console her Mei Mei again. If it’s not because of SY, I would have to take the day off that day.

Well, that’s first day at school. So far so good. When we asked SJ if she wanted to go to school the next day, she said, Yes!


2 comments:

peiszong said...

Wow, so happy for you. Isn't it easier with the elder one around? So both went to full day now?

ablogaway said...

Thanks Pei Sze. Yes, they both went to full day now. And it's really so much easier having the elder one around.

Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails