Me and My Sisters

Me and My Sisters

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Another Singapore Trip

We made another trip to Singapore recently to visit my brother's baby girl, Clare and also to attend her baptism.

Isn't she a cute little baby?

I've bought the flight tickets for 4 of us there 2 months in advance, only to be informed by hubby 2 weeks before the trip that he would need to go there for work assignment. So I checked with the airlines if I could change the name to another person, or switch the dates for him instead. The charges just to make a change itself cost us half the price of the flight tickets for 4 people (not 1, mind you), so we discarded the idea altogether. 

Since I'll be travelling alone with the 2 kids, I made sure I have enough supplies of 'goodies' to keep them entertained, without actually bringing too much, since I'll need to lug everything by myself. Lucky thing my brother in-law can fetch us to the Penang airport and back, so it's not as troublesome as taking a cab. And luckily hubby's going to meet us at the Singapore airport too, so I didn't need to worry how I'm going to drag the 20kg luggage along with 2 kids on either side of me. Also, luckily my brother can fetch us from the SG airport on that day, so save us the hassle to find a cab as well. 

 The girls playing their games from McD while waiting to board... there's a slight delay

Posing for Mommy in between games break

In the flight - Jie Jie too exhausted, while Mei Mei was still rummaging thru some magazines

By the time we landed,  I had two soundly sleeping kids with me. I have finally enjoyed a few minutes of peace by myself, as both the girls were really noisy all the while. I have to keep reminding them to keep their volume low and minimize their non-stop chatters. 

It took very little effort to wake them up without any fuss, as the thought of reaching their much-talked about trip was finally there. After that, we passed thru the immigration counter without any trouble, and went to get our luggage from the conveyor belt. The two girls actually ran out from the gates without waiting for me when they saw their Daddy, while I had to use a different exit which went thru the custom checks! 

Not long later, my brother arrived. We spent that night having dinner with my family and playing with little Clare. The rest of my family members have arrived for the event. Too bad my father could not join us this round because he has just been discharged from the hospital from pneumonia. After that, my brother sent us to hubby's hotel, which was a good 30-45 minutes away. 

We spent the next day covering the Singapore Zoo, Jurong Bird Park and Safari Night. It was a tiring trip, especially since Sze Juin didn't want to walk too much. Hubby and me took turns carrying her. The irony of that is that we still need to pay for her tickets, since she's already 3. Well, the initial plan was just to cover the zoo, but Sze Yi kept insisting that Mei Mei hadn't been to the bird park and safari night yet (she herself went there 4 years ago), so hubby ended up getting the tickets for the 3 parks since that package was much cheaper compared to buying one individually. 

The zoo was a new experience even to ourselves because we got to see the animals up close. 

Not really sure what is this....

Family photo with the parrots

The parrots up close

Crocodile

With the beavers... 

Sitting on the beavers! Haha, they're fake ones

Tiger

Ouch,  what beast is that?

 We went for a boat ride as well... 

 A horse! None of the girls dared try the pony ride

Rabbits

Having finger-licking good lunch in KFC

 After that, Jie Jie wanna have some splashing time

 Jie Jie going for the water slide.. can you see her?

 Mei Mei taking a picture with her camera (LOL!)

Jie Jie wanna go for the Merry Go Rounds

Mei Mei got a new teddy bear!
  
Mousedeer...

Mother Duck

 Bats taking their nap

 The blue bird that suddenly appeared in front of us and scared Jie Jie to tears

Raflesia - we still don't know if it's real or not...

Yeah, the largest flower in the world!

Leopards

Uh... whatever is this, we found it inside the cave-like place

 Lions

We just learnt that giraffe eats carrots!

 The giraffes are soooo tall!

Z for Zebras!

Cheetah - look at the round/oval spots, that's what differentiate a cheetah from a leopard

Hmm... so we don't need to go to Africa to see these animals

 Can you tell what are these?

Yes, the rhino! 
A funny sight, two rhinos showing us their backside while the middle one focussing for us

Uh... are rhino and deer friends?

The gorillas playing with each other using the blanket, thought they were playing hide and seek

Can you spot the gorilla waving bye bye to us?

The last before we leave - happy feets :)

Phew, I finally completed the zoo section. Now I think I'll have to split the Bird Park and Night Safari to later. Too much for me. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails