Me and My Sisters

Me and My Sisters

Friday, March 18, 2011

Weekday Dinner

I tried to give the girls home cooked dinner as much as possible, some days I made it, some days we had to eat out. What do they have most of of the time?

Menu 1: Sometimes it's porridge (sorry no picture).
Preparation Involved: Easiest - just dump everything in and you got all the nutrients combined.
Notes: I'm so glad that SY could still accept this, because many of my friends' kids couldn't take this anymore, after their taste buds expanded to other more rich flavoured dishes.


Sometimes it's rice with dishes

 
Preparation Involved: This requires double work - some preparation in the morning before work and after work still need to switch on the steamer and wait for a while before they could start eating.
Notes: I learnt to steam vegetables without stir-frying - so much easier and it tasted good too, without losing the nutrients.


Menu 2: Sometimes it's spaghetti: 

Preparation Involved: This requires a lot of preparation work, especially if everything needs to be minced. but I learnt to make giant amount of spaghetti sauce (enough to fill 1 or 1.5 jar) and freeze it, only use portion of it when needed, so it became quite handy when I was in a rush.
Notes: I made sure I didn't mince the potatoes, but cut into cubes large enough so that the kids could see them - because that's what the kids like best.


Menu 3: And sometimes it's mee suah or noodles. The preparation method is the same as Menu 1, just replace the porridge with mee suah/noodles.

So I just rotate these menus weekly, changing the dishes or types of noodles as it goes. Anyway, we normally dine with MIL at least once a week during weekdays, so that means 1 day off for me (yay!).

No comments:

Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails