Me and My Sisters

Me and My Sisters

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

When A 20-month Old Spice Up Her Vocab...

Recently, Sze Juin picked up a lot of slangs in her vocab. Some, I'm not sure where she picked that up from, like Mommy ah... Daddy ah.. etc (which she kept saying sometime in Dec last year), but obviously the rest were from her sister. For the past few weeks, she added 'lo' and 'lah' into her vocabulary as well. It's funny when you hear a 20-month old speaking words like "bu yau la (don't want la)", "mei you la (don't have la)", "no lah", mommy lai lah (mommy come la)", "sorry lo!", etc.

There's a funny incident that happened last night. She was very excited and it's hard to put her to sleep. She stood on the bed, folded both arms, and kept saying, "Angry!". When I paid no attention to her, she called her Daddy, "Daddy, Ni Kan... Angry!" (Daddy, you see.. Angry!). Then, she lay down with her butts facing up, put both her hands at the side of her face, and imitated her Jie Jie sulking pose, while swinging both her legs in the air (her knees touching the bed). I wished I had taken a video so it saved me all these description. Anyway, she sulked there for awhile, and when nobody entertained her, she suddenly said, "Sorry lo!".

That went on for awhile, so I took Sze Yi out with me to sleep in another room, since Sze Juin was disturbing her Jie Jie from falling into sleep. But I heard her disturbing her Daddy from the other room, and when Daddy didn't response, she called out, loud and clear, "Boy! Sorry lo!". If you've read this post earlier, you'll know why she called her Daddy Boy :) And that's the first time I heard her called him that too.

1 comment:

Pet said...

Oh! Well, my daughter calls me 'Petrol' - i guess 3 syllabus is too long for her! LOL

Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails