Me and My Sisters

Me and My Sisters

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Honesty is the best policy

I have always pride myself for being an honest person. In school, one of my form teachers always looked up to me when she wanted an honest answer. Whatever the other students answered, she would ask me specifically before she made her decisions. I couldn't tell how honored I felt at that moment.

Today, I'm very happy that SY is showing this trait too. I can't deny that there are times when she lied to me or hubby because she's afraid of getting a scolding from us. However, she will always tell us the truth after sometime, probably because her conscience wouldn't allow it.

But I'm most proud of her, when she has consecutively demonstrated her honesty when teacher marked her papers wrongly. A few times she could have scored 100 marks in her papers, but that was because the teacher marked wrongly. My girl would always go to inform the teacher and thus have her marks reduced. I was deeply touched when she told me she went to the toilet to cry after that. But I was very proud of her, and I kept telling her, it would be useless to get 100% if it is not honestly earned. After all, exams are meant to test us on how much we understand a subject, not so much in measuring our intelligence. Attitude still matters most. And I'm so glad that she understands. This is her 4th year in primary school, and she has continuously demonstrate this honest behavior year after year.

But much to my own amusement, she also persuaded a boy next to her to show teacher his paper when the teacher marked it wrongly, and because of that, his marks which was 60 dropped further... I am not sure to be happy or sad in this case... but again, some of her friends preferred to remain quiet and let it be. My advice to her is that we do what we feel is right, and we can't always persuade people to do what we think is right. But we must be true to ourselves always. I hope she will always remember this.

No comments:

Birthday Tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails